One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabbage rolls to feed my 3 adult male carnivores dinner...
    OK...my day so far....
    this really nice guy....older, African American, has live here for years....came in to get a new AC filter.......
    this 20 something white girl comes in to the office and says "Mam...did you know he sells crack out of his apt?"
    I was flabbergasted, could tell she was messed up and calmly said, "Then why are you hanging out with him?
    I could not think any faster, but she was going into attack mode and I was prepping myself
    Godforsaken idiots.................
    ok...vent over
    at least I have no Baby Mama drama today....
    other than the 21 year old Navy boy that married a 35 year old drunk he met online and I am replacing the 3rd broken window in their apt....she beats the crap out of him.....
    and "drunk"is said with all due respect... (for us) (not her)
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm sure Joaquin would love my moves. :H:H At least I didn't fall down. I'll save that for the second class.

Mama - I don't envy you your job. It breaks my heart about that 21 year old Navy boy. He's ruined his life.

Sunshine!!!! I miss you. Got to hop over to your thread.

Now I want some cheeze-its. Dang you K9............
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

pork rinds and sweet tea for me please!
        and yes, he has ruined his life.

Comment

Hi there Nora and jan - yes, I miss you all too.... I was reading through past posts this morning and am feeling quite nostalgic. i was re-reading past Journey threads........ so much has changed hasn't it? I have spent two hours just reading old posts! LOL

My journey through so much - furry friends dying, hospitals, friends hubs dying, friends having problems, nastiness, me being AF then not, having friends on here that have stuck by me through thick and thin :l:h:thanks:

It just made me want to come and post here again and say hi to you all.....

Now I really have to go and do something before I totally waste my entire day off - I have a stack of paperwork that isn't going to clear itself - LOL

Hugs, sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Is it bad that I'm kind of jealous of Mama's job? I love drama and crazy people!

Hi Sunshine!

Nora - Go get some Cheezits...they have wonderful flavors now, my fave is Cheddar Jack..or the Double Cheese Snack Mix.

Does anyone watch Rehab with Dr. Drew? It's only one episode in, but the season looks good!

Ok, off to make some oatmeal. See how the excitement never ends for me?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sun
              I miss you too babe. Yes, so much has changed, but there is a core family that keep me here. You all know who you are. An you have made so many new friend...that is awesome!
              Niner -
              I guess I am just getting old, but I hate drama, and DESPISE stoopid people...and there are more and more of them crawling out from under rocks.....I swear
              (as she munches on pork rinds and goes back to work)
              toodle poodles
              I am trying to think of a Halloween Costume....
              I am thinking a shrink or a cop......that's allI do all day!!

Comment

Sunni - I miss you so much. :l:h I just don't have time to post much these days. I guess that is good in a way. I agree with Jan that there is a core family that keeps me here though. You all have been with me thru the good and the bad. Just like you said, Jean, we have been thru so much together.:h:h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just to say Hello !!
                  Mama , your life also seems a little bit zig zag ,anyway you are aware with it that's fine !
                  NoraC,K9,Sunny and others :h:l
                  Dix
                  A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

zig zag is a good way to describe it Dix!!

Comment

Mama, your pork rind addiction sounds almost as bad as my Cheezit addiction. Better than an alcohol addiction though, right?

You're right about the stoooopid people. I just had a guy come in that wants to file a complaint because he fell at one of our parks last week at 9:00pm. Uhhmmm, the parks CLOSE at dusk for a reason. I guess he can't figure out that filing a complaint when you weren't supposed to be there in the first place is not the smartest thing to do? This guy weighed about 400 pounds, so I really had a hard time imagining what he was doing at the park at all...I doubt he was playing basketball.

Now I'm just being mean, my Cheezit withdrawals are kicking in.

Comment

sounds like my world
                        I am eating a Zaxby's Chicken Salad, thank you very much

and you know he was playing a good clean game of 8 ball, oooppsss, i mean baskeball!!!

Comment

Hi friends, another day at work, rehearsal this evening. A step was completed at work toward reducing my work hours from 24 to 20. Nothing is simple in a state agency. I'm off tomorrow so I am pondering the wisdom on my recovery list. This seems to be a very effective strategy for preventing any strong cravings on my previous drinking day.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

whatever works for you sweetie!!!
                            I long for the day I can work 20 hours per wek!!!
                            You are doing great!

Comment

I am done chopping...everything is assembled in crock pot and I am finally off my feet

Comment

You are the chopping Queen!!! I bow to you and your skills

Have a good night and rest up...there's lots of loonies out there that need you!

Comment

Working...
                                X