One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora - Some day we gotta see these tattoos of yours. In all my craziness, the one thing I never did was get a tattoo (not saying it's crazy, but you know what I mean jellybean?)...Ok, well I guess I never got any implants anywhere either. Maybe I wasn't that crazy after all. Have you guys heard of "Bagel Head"? It's where you inject saline solution into your forehead then press the middle in so it looks like a bagel. The Japanese came up with it...go figure.

OMG this day is slllloooowwww as a freakin' snail. I am making chicken and potatoes for dinner tonight...my goal is not to burn, break or drop anything.

Wait til my kid(s) find out we can't have ketchup...we're on a health kick...we can, however, have salsa.

I just went on a shopping spree on eBay (see how hard I'm working?) Have you guys heard of Bandeau Bras? Over $30 at stores...$3.97 on eBay. Sorry Mama, they would not work on your 43/44 Longs....they are strapless tubes.... Then I bought some Burt's Bees goodies...I guess that's my "treat" for being on 31 days smoke free. Ok, now I feel better about my purchases.

1 hour and 15 minutes to go.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

maybe I could use a bandeau on my waist???
      I am tired tonight....already flopping with my book
      have fun dancing Nora....it will keep you out of trouble...what does your possible new tat mean?
      I don't have any either Niner
      niters
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

where is everyone??? I am late today coz I had a doctor's appt....

Comment

Morning all!

I am dragging today. My problem is that now I sleep TOO well and can't get up in the morning. Oy...last night I had a crazy dream revolving around my ex-boyfriend. We've been broken up for 7 years, I wonder when I'll finally get over him? I should say I'm "over" him, but for some reason he still haunts me, I think it's the way we parted...there was no closure. Okay enough of that. LOL

So I've been dressing up at work lately with all my thrift store treasures, and I've noticed that other people are trying to dress better too. I never knew I was such a trend-setter. HA!

Dinner was a success last night...BUT, my daughter dropped a glass and it broke. We are on a roll lately. Then I woke up to my trash all over the place, my beloved little fat dog was busy last night apparently.

I'm crocheting a blanket for my daughter, I hope to be done by December...it's HUGE!!!!

Well that's all my updates for now. I'll be back later with more. I know you can't wait!

Love you peeps!!!

Comment

Niner..please don't break any mirrors honey....
            I cannot get to sleep and then I cannot wake up....sigh
            I got all my refills at the doc today. Since I take klonopin to sleep, I had to sign a controlled substance form AND take a drug test. I felt like a criminal. I understand there are pill shoppers, but jeez....
            Is your boss wearing nicer flip flops?? Tee hee........... You trend setter, you!
            oh yeah...I am now on a strict vitamin regimin, per the doc. Vitamins D, iron and B12. EVERY day...(I always forget)......

Comment

LOL Mama! Yes, the flip flops now have rhinestones on them.
              Seriously, even SHE is wearing dresses and heels...WTH?
              Take your vitamins!!! Eat them with yogurt or a hard boiled egg...they need to go down with protein to be the most effective. Plus, they will not upset your stomach that way.

I have noticed that I may have lost a pound or two just by eating small snacks all day long. Imagine that. I've known this all along but have been too lazy to do it.

Nora - Woman..you better check in with us! Me and Mama will come stompin' over there if you don't! :l

I hear the Mayor rummaging around, I better go say Hi. He has crazy eye...one goes right and one goes left. LOL

Comment

Hubs calls people with crazy eye Hammerheads....as in the shark...he is mean but so funny!!
                Dolly Parton lost all her weight that way K9....
                WARNING..vent about to begin
                so...my 17 year old has Homecoming next Friday and has decided he needs a new suit. My 20 year old needs something else...can't remember...these kids think I S**T money...makes me nuts
                ok vent over
                that wasn;t so bad was it?
                back to work....or something that resembles work

Comment

Hi all!

Skipped dancing last night & worked until 6:30. That was only 10 hours yesterday. Why did it seem so much longer. :H
                  K9 - I do not get dressed up at work. Maybe if I lost 80 pounds. But that would require actually going to the dance class.

I was showing off all my green stickers to hubby this morning. It's pretty nice cause even when those awful red ones pop in there they are just drops in the midst of a sea of green.

Mama - keep taking your meds. We've got to get you healthy.

Hello to everyone. Hope Sun is having a fabulous vacation. Will chat more later. Was too tired last night to do anything but vegetate.

:wavin:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

WAY TO GO NORA!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

Comment

Hi friends,
                      Provincetown Mass is just lovely. I rode my bike two hours this morning, and will ride every day the weather permits. Our rental property is wonderful and unique, renovated older individual buildings with a lovely garden established by the landlord's mother many years ago.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hiya Sun!

Comment

Slept like a baby last night, felt good .... Here's to another beautiful, sunny alcohol-free day!
                          Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                          Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                          10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                          2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                          Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                          AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                          Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good to know B!! I am sleeping terrible lately.....but otherwise I am good!

Comment

Hiya Sun, Bourchard and Nora!

I slept like a baby too...then wanted to cry like one when it was time to get up.

Mama, I hear ya' on the kids/money thing. I am in a bit of a financial hole right now. I know that I'll get out of it, but it seems a long way off. In the meantime, I have plenty of food and a tank full of gas...things will be OK. Now...as far as the suit goes....my suggestion is to start at the Thrift Store (huge suprise there huh?) Give it a try at least

Well, it's time for snack #2....guess I'll have a banana and granola bar.

Comment

I think I will try Goodwill........
                                as long as it doesn't smell funny.....

Comment

Working...
                                X