• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2012

Thanks Mario for yet another beautiful and thought provoking post. :l
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks, Mario. If that list isn't in the tool box it should be.

Hi friends, another lovely day. Went for a walk with hubby in a small park with three waterfalls. Did some digging in my garden this afternoon. It is time to re-arrage the plants for a better garden next year.

Mama, your priority seems to be taking care of your family, including cleaning and cooking. My husband feeds and dresses himself and dust doesn't bother me. So I give priority to exercise and everything outdoors.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun
        hubs even said I was just exhausted and not to worry...so I am sure you are right.
        "Hope Springs" was a sweet, sweet movie. Perfect for anyone married 10 years or more...I sure saw myself and hubs.....go see it!
        Niters
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and morning!!

Comment

Good morning everyone! Foggy morning in CA. Perfect snuggly family day. Off to church! Have a great AF day.

Comment

Sitting on my patio, waiting for a section of my garden to go into the shade. Then I can get to work (or maybe it will wait until tomorrow morning). Church was good, and I've got my weekly gardening column written.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey everyone. Just feeling really blah today. So run down. I think I caught what you've got Mama. :H Hubby has been having attacks/seizures in his hand/arm & face. Just like when he had the original brain hemorrhage. Our regular doctor put him back on the anti-seizure med last week. Now we're trying to get an appointment for the neurologist ASAP.

I've been wanting to go & see that movie! Looks great. Glad you had a good time.

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend. :goodjob: Back to my book.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I still have it Nora....hubs wants me to go my thyroid tested.
                  Went to get groceries...put them all away...did laundry....read for a little and off to Nana's son for Sunday dinner. I feel like I could sllep for days, but when I lie down, I can't sleep
                  oh well....at least I'm sober, right?
                  Nora, sorry about Scott. That must be scary. Sun, enjoy your garden

Comment

hey Real! hope you enjoyed church.
                    I have family in Carmel and Monterey

Comment

Real - I forgot that you were in California. No fog for us today but it's warm again.

Sun - you are so active all the time too! Where do you get your energy?

Mama - Sorry that you still are feeling so run down. Hope you feel better. :l
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone, hope you and Mama are both feeling better Nora. I have laryngitis and have almost no voice and a very sore throat. Hoping it's better by tomorrow, as I'm going out for dinner with some friends. I gave my bottle of vodka to my daughter. I spoke to my friends daughter today, her mother was a practising alcoholic for most of her childhood and she was telling me how difficult it still is even though her mum has been dry for many years, she said it took her many years to forgive her and that her brother never has forgiven his mum. It was so sad to hear all this because I always thought this girl was being cruel, but having spoken to her I now understand her so much more. I just thank god that my kids don't see me in the same light. Most of my worst drinking happened when they had left home, so only my poor husband saw the worst of it. It certainly gave me something to think about.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better, Paula!

You sound so great though. Giving away the vodka was a huge step. Really amazing the stories that go on behind closed doors. I mean talking to your friends daughter. We all have so many of these stories. Great to be moving on.............
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends,
                            Yesterday I crashed, no reason at all. Drank a bottle of wine, wasted most of a lovely afternoon. Ugh! That vile seed that I wanted to drink started Saturday afternoon. In church I already knew I would drink. Those cravings are not short-lived for me, I need to fight the battle for hours. I know what I need to do, but I don't do it: prayer definitely helps me, as well as reading my notes on my Kindle that I now write any time I drink. On to another day.

Nora, sometimes I think I do too much, then drink just to get some rest. But I also enjoy sitting and reading a book, so that is a poor excuse. All excuses are bad, reasons that are not justified.

Comment

Oh Sun..dang it all...I am so sorry...are you ok this morning??
                              Paula - I agree with Nora. How nice to have someone to chat with and be open. And good on you for giving the vodka away.
                              I have today off, so lolly gagging this morning and then ironing to do. Have a ham out to bake for dinner

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sun, those drinking thoughts can really latch on. We all need to find our own best way to deal with them, I try to immediately change my thinking to get them out of my head before they get too much of a handle. Thankfully, as time goes by, they get milder and easier to disregard.
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X