Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2012

Hi Sunni Butt!!
    sounds like my life K9.....and I am fine with that!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Where is our Nora today?????
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nora
        don't stay away cause you think we will be mad......that will never happen
        I know you took your pill and I hope (not) that you were as busy me today
        off to football game....bleh!

Comment

Enjoy the game and your book Mama!

I'm going home to crochet...whewwwoooo! Exciting! But first I have to kill the next 2.5 hours at work.

Yoooohooo, Nora....how are you?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Mama, I had a good day, different activity pattern. The fire safety class I had to take was quite informative. We all take it every year, but they completely revamped it this year because we have a new state-wide administrator, and there was a big fire about a year ago in one of the group homes opetated by my agency. Emphasis was on the fact that WAY more people die each year in fires in their own homes than all other kinds of disasters. Pretty scary, along with seeing how quickly fires can engulf a room or a house. I think we should look into getting a sprinkler system installed at least in our basement.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I read this thread alot since I got booted from the ABS thread. For me...I need to take ABS in short goal lengths....not forever and forever amen. I know that most of you are taking AB. I will not take it....as I got all pissed as all hell that I was on it....quit it...and drank as much as I could as soon as I was off of it. I am looking for some short af times....and not sure where to look on this site. The newbies nest is nice, but hard to follow. I am just looking for 5-7 days.....then re-evaluate.

I have been to AA....and it made me suicidal when I would fail.

Comment

Hello everyone. Sorry to be missing - we were able to get hubby into the neurologist so didn't have time to post to let you know. She increased the anti-seizure meds. Don't know why this has started up....could be irritation from previous aneurysm pressing on the nerves in his brain. She didn't think that it was another aneurysm so didn't think an MRI was necessary. If we had pushed, she would have done it. We're going to wait & see.

My Dad sounded better today. Still short of breath of course but getting started on the antibiotics and steroids. Hopefully, that will help him.

Thought I had reached my total breaking point today. So stressed out. Got home from the neurologist & hubby and son went to pick up pizza and I took a nap. Felt better after that. I went and had a pedicure and just relaxed. I've spent the evening watching Netflix with hubby & son while I crocheted.

Thanks for all the support everyone. :h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I thought that Sunflower had posted here earlier this evening. I was trying to read posts from my Kindle. Now, I don't see her post. So, if you're around Sunflower - HI THERE!!!!

Well - going to head to bed now. Have to work tomorrow.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober weekend.

If I had known how great this would feel I would have done it years ago! Well, ok, maybe days ago. . I think I am starting to look better too. Is that possible? My eyes seem less puffy than their ordinary 40 year old selves. Or maybe all the candy is filing in the wrinkles. Each morning I feel so good and not having the anxiety of knowing I drank too much is awesome. All that said, tomorrow is my day 13. From what I have been reading that seems to be a tough day for most people. Is it just because it is an unlucky number or is there something specific I should watch for?

I just love reading all your posts. Mama and K9, you are so inspirational and fun. Nora, I am so rooting for you. Your effort totally shows. It is amazing how you can stick with this with everything you have going on. Overall, I am just amazed by the support that comes from a bunch of people who I have never met. It really renews my faith in mankind. Sorry to get sappy!

Comment

what a sweet post GR!!!
                      Nora.....you are one tough cookie and I am proud of you, love. I cannot imagine dealing with Bret if he was in pain, or having seizures...just the worry of it. I am glad your sweet Daddy is a little better....
                      we won last time and I am just poking aroound this morning. I am usually asleep by 9 or so and didn't get to bedf till 11:30...what boring folks we have become!!!

Next week is another out of town biz trip.....I usually have drinks to be one of the gang...so I am thinking about that right now. I cannot see myself sipping sodas at this early point in my sobriety..I really need to go up to the room with my Nook and be a hermit.....
                      I realized I woould have been almost 4 months sober....did I post that already?
                      oh well...ogg to find more coffee and start on this house
                      my burn is still very bothersome, but I think it is starting to heal. People must think I have a heart condition, b/c I ocassionally grimace and put my hand on my right breast.....tee hee
                      love you peeps and Nora...I am a phone call away
                      Niners....hope you have/had fun at the party

Comment

Sun-
                        I have been in property management for 20 plus years and have seen at least five fires destroy several buildings and lives.......candles, and cigarette embers, but mostly lightning strikes

Comment

Morning / afternoon /evening........

Paula - hope you are having a WONDERFUL time.

Real - you are doing great!!! So happy for you. You sound wonderful. :l

Sun - I'll bet that was a very interesting safety class. Very scary. You're probably busy in your garden right now. Enjoy.

Mama - glad you won last night. :goodjob: I know these business trips are hard on you. You know that I'm only a phone call away too sweetie. :h

Ok - going to go to work. Slept for 12 hours last night and that was after my nap yesterday. Guess you can say that the depression is trying to grab me. So, got to keep busy. First I'm going to try to get an appointment to get my tattoo touched up. OUCH.....
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama, congrats on your AF time. You did mention it previously, but I forgot to give you the recognition you deserve. I will complete 9 af weeks tomorrow, not consecutive.

Nora, sounds like you are sticking to your plan, not easy when times are tough.

GR, welcome here. Thirteen days are great. I was never a daily drinker, so I count weeks at this point instead of days. Consecutive days will always be the highest standard, but it is important to recognize all accomplishments.

I attended an all-day gardening symposium today with a friend, and it was great. I would have attended anyway, but I actually won the two tickets on Facebook. I bought more plants, and actually know where I want to put them. It rained most of the day, but now the rain is done and I'm back home. Time to go out!
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi everyone
                              worked in the yard alot today.....now I sound like Sun
                              I am dirty and nasty and am going to read for a little before we go get some Italian
                              I thought you were done with your tat Nora??? sounds a little painful
                              keeping busy is key for me as well with regards to the depression monster...glad you got some extra sleep
                              antabuse always made me sleepy, but I could not deal with the bad headaches...
                              uhoh...I hear thunder
                              I will check back in later...

Comment

Just wanted to add a piece !
                                Sorry for disturbing here.

We live and we learn to take
                                One step at a time
                                There's no need to rush
                                It's like learning to fly
                                Or falling in love
                                It's gonna happen when it's
                                Supposed to happen and we
                                Find the reasons why
                                One step at a time

Dix
                                A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                                X