One Step at a Time - September 2012

Thank you Dixon!!!! Another great post!!!:h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

that was lovely Dix
      did you TTFP Nora??
      off to dinner.....need some fuel. Mama worked hard today!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nice to be connected again ,
        I cant live without you Nora and Mama so been here too..
        Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Thanks Dix for that post. So TRUE!!

Comment

Mama, I remember when you started a few months ago! You are doing soooooooooooooo well!! You helped me lots! Thank You. Sending YOU a very big:l:l:l

Comment

This is the only thread I can find that makes ABs sound fun.

I don't know if I will be abs forever...but, for now it works for me. I guess the fun part....for me.....is actually reading a book or going to bed early (how many a nights did I stay up to drink)....and not do a damn thing!

My mind does not race with drinking thoughts anymore. I am liking the calm. Still there are situations that I "think" I might like to drink in. Like a free pass out with husband. And I do know people who are in AA.....but, literally drink 3x a year.

I went to AA....and at some point....thought it was a good idea if I told friends what I was doing. I might have been better accepted of I said I had the black plague or I am a serial killer They were fine....its just how they treat me now.

What I thought was most interesting......is when I first started out saying I quit drinking....it was like OMG...so sad for you. Then I started to say I quit smoking.....and if I drink I will smoke. Well...hello high fives

So smoking is worse than drinking?

Anyways...I am reading a book that I highly recommend. Living Sober Sucks, But Living Drunk is Worse.....and despite the title the guy just talks to you like it is. As much as I like Jason Vale and Allen Carr....which all go to common sense.....this one hits home. And believe me I read them all. I am also reading a Harm Reduction book....because I finally got to a point...."that if I can't quit drinking forever"....I have to figure something out. It has many interesting points....that I just never knew.

I don't visit MWO very often....I got boo hilled off the monthly abs thread....after i said....I was not in this forever.

Maybe I will and maybe I won't....I don't know. I just know that for now I like abs

Comment

Old but I think its worthy to remind myself,

The journey of thousands miles begins with one step.
                The sobriety begins not taking a glass of AL in a day and break up it by taking the same one glass.....Never will try a glass in life to save my sobriety.

One step at a time -Hurray!!

Dix

Comment

Today is a day mostly at home, after church. I have plenty I want to get done, including gardening and writing my weekly article. I need to re-read my list, which I already did last evening. Most of the time, I don't even think about drinking, so when that thought enters my mind, I need to have better defenses ready.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good for you Sun!
                    Just piddling around.......

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just read Can Too's post on Sun's thread about forgiving ourselves. Really helpful on moving forward and not letting the wake row the boat. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello everyone....

Sun - you are really doing great on working on your list. Please keep discussing it. It's really helpful to hear.

Mama - when do you leave on your trip?

Dixon - hope you are having another wonderful day today.

Allswell - how are you doing? When is your marathon?

Boozer - how are you? You sound really good.

I'm just going to take it easy today too. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am here with an inspiration quote again,

Champions know there are no shortcuts to the top. They climb the mountain one step at a time. They have no use for helicopters!

One step at a time !!

Dix

Comment

Dixon - you are lovely !!!!!
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Sunshine....I miss seeing you on a regular basis. How are you feeling these days??? PM me if you like
                              ok day here......we went to dinner last night and for some reason I felt terribly anxious...hubs was drinking, which doesn't phase me, but it was loud and noisy and my heart was pounding the entire time.
                              My doc has me on anti anxiety meds, but they tend to make me foggy and I want to wean off of them....I have an appt with her next week
                              just ironed loads, so going to read a bit before Sunday dinner at Nana's...
                              I leave Tues Nora and will be back Thursday.....I am really wrapping my head around this, but honestly, I have been so preoccupied with the anxiety issue, I have no worried right now

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1375910 wrote: Dixon - you are lovely !!!!!
                                Thanks Sun,
                                I cant be a lovely person to my wife !! I am loser in this case .. ,,, but was lovely to the many people in the society but now feeling isolated myself because of low self esteem.
                                Dix

Comment

Working...
                                X