Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2012

dixon;1375917 wrote: Thanks Sun,
    I cant be a lovely person to my wife !! I am loser in this case .. ,,, but was lovely to the many people in the society but now feeling isolated myself because of low self esteem.
    Dix
    Dixon - does she know how much you have changed??????
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Dixon - you are a great support here to us. I am sorry that you feel so isolated. :l

Sunni - I miss you posting here too. :h I want to hear all about your trip.

Mama - I'm sorry that you're having so much anxiety. That is no fun at all. I am going to look for some printouts that my therapist gave me. They helped me try to work thru the anxiety. :l

Well - just took a nap. Sitting here zoning. Going to read for a while............
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

tha would be a huge help Nora......
        Dix- I agree with Sun...do you see your wife now??? She had to be amazed!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello I'm back again ... Today is Day 6 .... I'm just soooo bitchy it's amazing ... Like so pissed off probably at me. Pissed that I can't just be like everyone else in the world & have the occasional ... I miss the buzz of the 2nd glass ... why can't I just stop there? I did sleep better last night finally, I don't have the shakes today but still alittle anxiety & that darn nagging voice in my head that never seems to shut up ... Good news is DH is doing it with me. Pissed off at him too LOL Why? I'm nuts. Happy Sunday all ....
          Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
          Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
          10 days - Sept 13, 2012
          2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
          Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
          AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
          Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

welcome to our family bouchard
            we will help.....and I swear it gets easier
            I would be 4 months sober, but had a few slips......I know everyone hates that term, but three evenings out of four month makes me VERY happy!!
            Good luck and keep talking to us

Comment

NoraC;1375921 wrote:

Sunni - I miss you posting here too. :h
              Oh Nora - I just can't get into posting anywhere again - you know, black sheep and all that - LOL..... I did have a wonderful trip though - I really enjoyed meeting Play - we had a great time together - it was like meeting an old friend, as it would have been with you. We are hoping to have a meet up in the spring when everyone is well. I just wish that we could have met......

love and hugs to you all,

love, sun XXX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Bourchard - welcome here. I'm on day 6 too. I'm also bitchy so there you go. :H You've obviously come to the right place. It does get easier though, it really does. I understand exactly how you are feeling. :h

Mama - I agree with you. 3 evenings out of 4 months is wonderful. What a difference from a year ago. Right?!?!

Sunni - I know how you feel. But, I still miss you friend. :l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

gosh yeas....a 12 pack a night.....like K9.....when I look back I can't believe it
                  Day 6....YEAH for Nora!!!
                  and you are not a black sheep Sunni.....never, ever, ever
                  this thread has completely changed and we miss u
                  off to eat some overcooked food with adoring grandparents!

Comment

Mama - send me your e-mail address again. I found some of the printouts about anxiety. I'll scan them tomorrow & e-mail them. Have fun at Nana's. :l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning peeps
                      at work..it's Monday...enough said
                      Nora..how are Scott and your Dad?

Comment

Hey Nora,

Thanks for asking about the marathon. It's not until next April - out in the desert hills. Can't wait. I have a few half marathons in the next couple of months, ran a 5k over the weekend in less than 21 minutes! Could never have done that eight months ago that's for sure. Have a great day everybody!
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

dang Alls....that is awesome...it really is!!!!

Comment

Morning. Not ready for Monday morning yet. :H Took a Lorazepam yesterday afternoon and then another one last night. Kicked my butt. Gee whiz. I might wake up tomorrow. :H

Alls - that is amazing. Great job! Can't believe you ran it in under 21 minutes. :goodjob:

Well - off to snore my way thru work................
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone...

Back at work...Monday morning...ugh. Had a good weekend but ended up not going to that party. I took my daughter though. My daughter and I both agreed that she would have more fun if I was not there wishing we could leave. LOL So I promised her she could stay AS LONG as she wanted, and true to my word, I picked her up at 12:30am. And these people live way out in the boonies, it's about a 20 minute drive each way... I sent chicken wings and beans so that they'd have some food. My daughter had a great time, so I'm glad! (And I'm glad I got OUT of going...hehe)

Hi Nora! Did you TTDP?

Mama - Sorry your 43 is still achy...gosh that must have been a bad burn. Good luck on your trip this week. Just remember where a couple of drinks can lead....right back to that 12 pack a night that we both used to consume! Ugh...HOW did we even do that???

Everyone hang in there, I'll check back later after I catch up!

p.s. The Mayor is back! Yay!! LOL
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi,

I cant go through yours tittle-tattle cause its too lengthy but I am here with you one day at a time !!

I don?t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step...

Enjoy guys !
                                Dix
                                A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                                X