One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's easily a third degree burn......and in a bad spot as far as rubbing and chafeing goes...
    Nora....is that a xanax???? Those will knock you on your butt if you are not used to them.....you almost feel a little hungover...drink lots of coffee
    Hi Dix!!
    Glad boopie had fun Niner...and that you were able to get her at 12:30:h
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I think it's like a xanax. It did knock me on my butt. I was able to get in to my psych today. Almost out of anti-depressants. Going to talk to her about topamax. Naltrexone didn't help. Also, having a hard time staying on the AB. Skipped it for 2 days because I was so scared that I was going to drink on it & kill myself. :upset: Basically, I'm a basket case at the moment.
      Ok - pity party over. Wish me luck talking to her.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

sneak outside and call me....................
        I love you!

Comment

and GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Good luck Nora!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I'm thinking of you Nora and I want you to have a few of these :l:l:l

I hope your appointment went well today. Can you get back on the AB?
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

you can do this Nora!
                nice chatting with you
                and try not to be afraid of the AB...when you are ready you will know it'
                my anxiety was off the charts today, but no booze
                I suppose this is what real life feels like some days, huh??

Comment

Thanks everyone. Thank you for the hugs & positive thoughts. Sorry to keep talking about myself.

I did see her and she's adding something to my antidepressant. She is giving me topamax (by my request) to help with the cravings. I am continuing with the AB. I just was getting worried because of my mental state - was getting scared that I would skip one day & try to drink on it. I know that I can't do that but I really was getting worried that I would do something stupid.

Anyway, things are ok. Have my antabuse, topamax, antidepressants. Gee - I could open up a pharmacy. :H

Jan - thank you for the talk. It helped immensely. Don't forget that I'm here for you too. Call me anytime. :l:l:h:h
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends,
                    Nora, I am delighted to hear that you are doing some very hard work to get through these difficult times. IF you can do this now, you certainly will be successful when the road smooths out a bit.

Mama, I am sorry about the anxiety you have been mentioning. It is a very difficult combo with drinking. My sister is quite disabled with the whole anxiety and depression spiral. It is so very sad.

Allswell, Dixon, K9, good to see you.

I'm doing fine, spent the day at work, then a garden club committee meeting. I did have some evening time left for the garden, but not much. I should be able to leave work early tomorrow, and get some digging in before my evening chorus rehearsal.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

thanks Sun....drinking is not even in my thoughts. A new addiction for benzos is, however
                      Sounds like you had a nice day

Comment

good noght...and now good morning
                        A peaceful, hapy day to all my lovely friends here
                        I leave for Orlano at 2.....and right now...I am not gonna worry about it
                        Compnay dinner tonight, meeting tomorrow, company dinner tomorrow night, and a big rah rah meeting on Thursday
                        it's only a few nights, so I need to chill!!!!
                        JC reminded me drunks are BORING
                        thinking of you as always Nora
                        K9 and I and any other loonies that want to join us are driving the old Partridge Family bus to come get you. We will be on the way soon......and we are going to kidnap you and make you laugh for a few days
                        Hope everyone has a great day and I'll be bacinabit
                        Remember today is 9/11

Comment

Mama, hang in there on your trip. Remember that drunks are soooo yesterday. We however, are all the rage (sober hot chicks rock!) LOL

Nora my dear, I'm glad you are feeling better. Sometimes I feel like I'm 107 years old when I see all my RX bottles lined up, but that's ok....whatever works. Between me and my little fat old dog, we too could open up a pharmacy! LOL (Thankfully I haven't mixed up our meds yet and given her antabuse while I take antifungal pills. HAHAHA)

Sun - I'm jealous of your garden. It's all I can do to go water the lawn once a week! I have in the past tried to grow tomatoes and artichokes...let's just say that didn't work out too well. The snails enjoyed them though.

Mama, I'll be waiting for you to roll up in the bus! I'll be wearing my bell bottoms. Let's go!

xoxo
                          K9

p.s. Here is my random thought of the day. Has anyone seen that eHarmony commercial where there's writing in the background? Well, the word "compliment" is spelled wrong...they wrote "complement"....it drives me up the freaking wall! I hate it when people can't spell!

Rant over. As you were people.

Comment

then you must LOVE my speed typed messages....
                            Doesn't the Partridge Family bus sound fun?
                            We'll have to name it something else......and DIBS on David Cassidy.....actually Davey Jones was more my speed...RIP
                            Niner...do you even know who The Partridge Family is??
                            tomatoes need ALOT of tending.....I like flowers. At the lake we have blueberries, a grape arbor, pear and apple trees.
                            Now...I need to google the eHarmony commercial....
                            Hubs and Cub #1 laugh out loud at the STOOPID Little Ceasars commercial where they are at the costume party and the horse runs across the desert to get the pizza......?????

now Niner has made me self consious and I have to read each message five times for typos.....
                            dARNE YUO nANER

Comment

I'm outta here.....I will try to check in, but it's hard from a hotel....
                              xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
                              mama

Comment

mama bear;1376709 wrote: now Niner has made me self consious and I have to read each message five times for typos.....
                                dARNE YUO nANER
                                LOL :H That made me crack UP!

Oh yeah, the Lil Ceasars commercial, first time I saw it I was like "WHAAAAA???" You got it right Mama, it's STOOPID!

Good luck on your trip.

And yes I know who the Partridge Family is! I prefered the Brady Bunch though. I loved me some Peter Brady! Ooohh la la....that feathered hair and those striped turtle necks were the shizzznit! HA

Be safe Mama!!!

Dunt worreee aboutt typoos, I still luv yew.

Holy smokes, I spelled "prefered" wrong. DANG. P-R-E-F-E-R-R-E-D

Comment

Working...
                                X