One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well - I've been on the curb waiting for the bus.............:H Finally had to give up and come back in and work....

Bobby Sherman was my idol. Anybody remember Here Come the Brides???
    K9 -you are WAY too young for that.

I never noticed that commercial K9 and it would drive me crazy too. I mean seriously - you're going to spend millions on advertising and you don't check the spelling?!?!

Mama - thinking of you :l

Did some googling and found out my psychiatrist is trying to kill me - she gave me cymbalta to take with lexapro. Lots of warnings about it. Plus the fact that she has me on 30 mg of Lexapro and looks like 20 mg is the tops. The office is closed today so I'll call her tomorrow.

I'm getting super annoyed that work is interfering with my MWO time.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1376746 wrote:
      I'm getting super annoyed that work is interfering with my MWO time.
      Totally!!! I am feeling that way too Nora! Dang work.

Be careful with those meds...I can't believe she is prescribing huge amounts and mixing meds....good job in double checking! WE have to take care of ourselves ultimately!

Meep meep...the bus is here!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Every day and in every way I am getting better and better !!

That's why I believe in one step at a time !
        Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hi friends, another perfect fall day. I have to go in tomorrow for an hour, so I was able to leave early today and get some gardening done. The exciting news is that my boss is supporting my request to reduce my work hours from 24 to 20. I don't have a date yet for when this will start, but I'm thrilled that it is happening. I enjoy most of my work, but time off is even better. I'm not ready to retire yet, but this is another step closer. What a blessing in my life that I have this choice.

Dixon, thank you for your continued posts regarding our one step at a time theme. It is important to keep taking recovery steps. Willpower alone will not provide an af future.

K9, you might want to try growing some zinnias sometime. They are very easy, don't require too much water, not fussy about soil. They like lots of sun, I imagine you have plenty.

Nora, I would hate to be dealing with medical problems without the internet. The doctors don't have time or interest in giving us enough information. I post occasionally on a couple of other forums regarding my medical conditions.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;1376797 wrote: Hi friends, another perfect fall day. I have to go in tomorrow for an hour, so I was able to leave early today and get some gardening done. The exciting news is that my boss is supporting my request to reduce my work hours from 24 to 20. I don't have a date yet for when this will start, but I'm thrilled that it is happening. I enjoy most of my work, but time off is even better. I'm not ready to retire yet, but this is another step closer. What a blessing in my life that I have this choice.

Dixon, thank you for your continued posts regarding our one step at a time theme. It is important to keep taking recovery steps. Willpower alone will not provide an af future.

K9, you might want to try growing some zinnias sometime. They are very easy, don't require too much water, not fussy about soil. They like lots of sun, I imagine you have plenty.

Nora, I would hate to be dealing with medical problems without the internet. The doctors don't have time or interest in giving us enough information. I post occasionally on a couple of other forums regarding my medical conditions.
            Sun,

You have raised most valuable topic here ! I agree with but would wonder if you provide any recommendation on this great issue ?
            I am ready to pay any cost to achieve AF life .
            Thanks,
            Dix

Comment

I decided to come in here instead of pouring that drink. Hate that voice in my head. I can do this .... Just for tonight. Off to read read read.
              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
              Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
              Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
              AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
              Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Bouchard!!! Glad that you are here!!! Good job on coming here instead of pouring that drink. :goodjob:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dixon - I also love how you work our 'One Step at a Time' into your posts. It is really helpful. I can't do it all at once.......but I can take one step at a time. Dixon - you are such a valuable member to this forum. :l

Sun - so happy that you are able to cut back on your hours.

Mama - thinking of you.

K9 - I only crocheted about 20 stitches tonight. :H

I hope that Paula is enjoying her vacation. I think I'm off to read. Take care everyone.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC,

Just making the most of the Forum,as there is a saying "If you share your grieves they come to halves and a pleasure get double"
                    You are a great people here !
                    Love most of you here ..
                    Dix

Comment

Dixon, for me, that list of "101 things to keep you clean and sober" is the answer to your question. I can go back to that list, as many times as I like, and always find an idea for something else I can do to continue my growth, to continue reflecting on my life. I have made this list into a spearate document, removed a few things that I'm not likely to do, combined or deleted a few others that seemed too similar. I have marked the items I'm doing, and plan to contiue to do. It contains a lot of widsom. One of my favorites is "Be aware of diminishing returns, and spread out your recovery efforts (i.e., don’t focus on just “spiritual” growth). I think that is exactly what I was doing for awhile, now I am reaching beyond that in different directions of thought.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hello all.....

Sun - I agree about that list. I need to spend more time on mine.

Dix - how you doing today?

K9 - still smoke free??? :goodjob:

Bouchard - how's it going?

Hello to everyone....got to get back to work. Again, my job is getitng in the way of my MWO time.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Yep Nora...day 17 (and 2 hours!) LOL
                          Last night I had a "smoking dream"...you know kinda like the "drinking dreams" we get. I was so happy to wake up and realize I hadn't sucked 3,000 chemicals into my lungs!

Bouchard - Great job pouring out the drink...I hope you were able to find some valuable information. Stick close to us, we'll help you through it!

Yoooohooo Mama! We miss you!

I didn't crochet much last night either Nora. I'm doing a blanket for my daughter and it's so big and bulky that I kinda lose interest in it....my little scarves are a lot more fun because I get to change yarn. I get tired of looking at the same color! LOL

Ok....guess I'll walk around with some papers and try to look "important".

Hang in there peeps!

K9

Comment

Yes - I miss Mama too!!! :l:l

K9 - GREAT JOB on the smoking. I hate those dreams. Glad that it was just a dream.

I'm trying to sign up for a Latin Dance class with 2 friends from work. I'm only about 80 pounds overweight so this should be interesting. :H Anyway, better than sitting home drinking.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone here and NoraC,

I am doing well for AF but having a challenging life day by day so I need to solve them one by one go ...

One step at a time !

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.

Dix

Comment

I had another weird dream last night too (on top of the smoking dream). I dreamt I was at this expensive clothing store and I was checking out and the total came to like $147.00 (for like 3 things) and I said "Oh hell no! Put everything back! Do you KNOW how much I can get at the Thrift Store for $147!!!" LOL It was funny because that was something I would totally do. Except I'd never be in an expensive store in the first place! HA

Comment

Working...
                                X