One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SO sorry Bouchard.....Niner and I tend to get carried away and Nora keeps us one track.....a supportive partner is KEY, but I have maanged despite hubs drinking. Not trying to sound cocky....just saying when you make up your mind, it is possible.
    I think I drank two beers with the girls the other night coz it felt so good to be away from him.....seriously.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1378091 wrote: UOY ROKC (figure that one out)
      Mama, I'm sorry, I simply CANNOT CRACK YOUR CODE! LOL

Oh, and the guy with the car would lay under it....and that's where I got lost and thought "Whaaaa?"

Bouchard - We're glad you're here! 11 days is awesome. I know the weekends are hard at first, but they're just days. It's nice you have support in not drinking. I did it alone, which is good AND bad...

I'm still crocheting a blanket for my kid, I'm on my 3rd huge ball of yarn. I call it the monstrosity. At some point I'll be sitting unde it while I'm working on it...(no, nothing like the guy under his car...ewewew)

I have 22 minutes of work left. My boss is wearing the loud ass flip flops again today so I'm glad I'm leaving. No sign of the Mayor, so there's no reason to stay anyway!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

if you get to go home early, then SO DO i....not

YOU ROCK
        that's the secret word of the day...oh Goodie.....now I have something else fun to do at work....
        Bouchard.....Niner is right...it's just another day of the week babe!

Comment

Hi all,
          I did garden visits with a friend this morning: she toured my gardens, then we visited hers. Went to lunch with hubby, and now I'm waiting for the rain to stop. This afternoon would have been a perfect opportunity to polish off a bottle of wine, but I won't. I worked on my recovery list, and read some of the info on the spiritual river site. This item jumped out at me from my list today: "Elevate your consciousness. Watch your own mind and see how it responds to events. Repeat often. Learn." That is what I believe I am doing.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun
            I have a very stressful job and I am trying to practice "not letting it get to me". I get yelled and and screamed at and it's hard, but it's not worth it to my recovery to get mad. I still get upset, but I try not to take it so personally
            I applaud your hard work. I really do!
            Off to a football game.....joy....

Comment

Sun - thanks for sharing more of your recovery list with us. I am hoping to find some 'ME' time this weekend to sit down and really work my list. I've been thinking about it a lot.

K9 - what was this....early Friday?

Mama - enjoy football.

Bouchard - hope you weren't scared off. :l We're not always so nutty. :H

When is Paula coming home? I miss her.

What are the big plans for the weekend everyone? Tonight I am taking hubby for a testisticular ulatrasound OUCH. Tomorrow morning is my therapist appointment then hope to take sonny to breakfast and spend some time. Sunday I will be working a lot. And then Monday my Latin aerobic dance class starts. :dancin:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

the ultrsound does not sound fun
                I miss Paula too

Comment

Don't mess with Mama ! Ha! How you doing ? Hope everyone is hanging in their !
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi IAD how are you? I miss you.

Bouchard - how did your party go?

Mama - are you off grocery shopping?

Sun - it is going to be 100 here today. We are trying to save our flowers.

Ok / off to the therapist and then off to buy more yarn. Bye
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning. All is well. Getting ready for party 2 which starts at 2 pm. It's my grandsons 1st Birthday Party & my daughter (who lives out of town but this is her hometown) is her & has about 30 people plus kids coming. I will make it with no drinking! The one person that I love to party with can't make it so it's almost a good omen although we will miss his company. You guys can't scare this girl off that easily!! Have a fantastic day!!
                      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mama Bear. YOU ROCK?!
                        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nora. Good idea to take up a hobby that occupies your hands & mind! Hmmmm what could I do?

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                          10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                          2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I really want to start a hobby today.......but tomorrow sounds pretty good to me.....Ha!
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

lazy Ass Mama reporting in
                              No groceries yet Nora....gawd...have I become that predictable??
                              HI TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see you here babe.
                              Bouch - drinking at a one year old bday party doesn't seem that fun, anyway...right?? Enjoy your time with your family.
                              MY BABY SCORED TWO TOUCHDOWNS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a nail-biter, but we won and I cried like an idiot. It was fun!
                              But Bret and I lazed around this morning and I had to inspect all Clay's cuts and bruises
                              Nora....how is Scott and please let me know what the therapist said. Call me if you want.
                              I am trying to figure out how to modify my signature...
                              "15 or so beers in 4 months"
                              "from a 12 pack a night to 15 beers in 4 months"
                              or just say nothing????
                              Guess I'll go with the nothing choice. I am pleased as punch with myself and don't think of myself as a modder........
                              enough babbling.....time to get this lazy ass moving
                              DID I TELL YOU MY SON SCORED TWO TOUCHDOWNS LAST NIGHT??????????????????
                              tee hee
                              hugs and kisses to all my precious sillies here

Comment

IAD...I love seeing your "HA" again!

Comment

Working...
                                X