Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2012

Hey friends,
    I just changed my avatar to a Sunbeam Bike! How cool is that! I have changed this a couple of times, but sooner or later someone else is using the same one, and that can be occasionally confusing. I got this from Google Images, so it will be less likely that anyone else uses it. I call this a double win for me: I keep my name with the implied outlook, but also get a bike, which I love to ride. I didn't know there was such a thing as a Sunbeam bike, but here it is!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I didn't know that Sun...cool!!
      Pink eye turned out to be (3 hours later) a sinus and ear infection.....I just thought I had a cold that had been hanging on too long
      off to iron, but calling Nora first

Allswell....I am reading "The Orchardist"....it's a new release...you may to check it out. It's fiction, but based on a man growing acres and acres of apples and apricots
      My dream is to own my own nursery and play in the dirt all day......
      or better....just play in the dirt all day!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Its to remind myself as well..

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it...

Each day ,each moment at a time !!

Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Dixon - I love that quote.

Sun - Wonderful new avatar. How fitting! A sunbeam bike. :l

Mama - great talking to you. Feel better. I love you girl. :h

Allswell - an orchard sounds wonderful. We had a huge back yard when I was little and had plum trees and apricot trees. I'll never forget being able to walk outside and pick that fresh fruit. Best taste in the world.

I'm at work for a few hours so I better get with it. YUCK!!!! :H
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

anyone heard from Boozer or Bouchard??
            still ironing, but into shower soon and off to Nana's for Sunday dinner
            Nora- it was good to hear you laugh..love you too
            Good quote Dix!!
            I hope Paula is having fun...

Comment

Winding down from another busy day. In a week and two days we will be leaving on vacation for 12 nights. I am working very hard to get the plants into the ground that I accumulated over the summer. I waited until fall to put them in because of the heat and drought. I am also moving around a lot of other plants to make it look nicer next year. We will travel to Provincetown on the end of Cape Cod.

Mama, hope you feel better soon. I think Paula told you before she left that you probably had something other than a cold. Like many good mamas you are too busy taking care of everyone else to take care of yourself.

Nora, I am sorry you have to put up with such awful heat, hope it cools off soon. High temp here today was 70.

I am currently practicing rocking chair meditation. When I feel things building up inside me, I just close my eyes and rock for 5 minutes.

Allswell, I am picking red raspberries right now -yum! They are very easy to grow.

Dixon, we all love your good words.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Heading to bed....hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Sun - I absolutely love that idea of the rocking chair meditation. I am adding that to my list. Wow! What a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing that. I never would have thought of it but I honestly believe that will be a good one for me. I have always found rocking very relaxing.

Sun, Bouchard, Allswell, Paula, Dixon, Mama, K9, Boozer and everyone that I am missing at the moment - here are big hugs ......... :l:l:l:l:l:l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am up and trying to get moving...

Comment

My one step at a time has landed me here .... 14 days ... 2 weeks sober ... I'm grateful for that.
                    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Happy Monday!

Aren't we all excited to be back at work??

I had a great weekend, I found lots of treasures at the thrift store. My whole outfit I'm wearing today was $7! That's including the dress, tights and boots! BUT, I spent my money elsewhere because I was redecorating my bedroom...I was gonna "treat" myself at 30 days of no smoking but I jumped the gun. I am only at 22...so my next treat will be at 60...

My nephew came out of his cave yesterday and hung out in the living room with me ALL day. We watched 5 hours of Breaking Bad. My daughter was at her dads so I was glad for the company. Then she came home around 8 and we all hung out together...which never happens. They usually scatter like cockroaches into their own spaces.

Okay peeps, guess I'll go walk around and tell some more people about my $7 outfit. LOL

Back later....
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - What a good shopper you are. I just wrote shipper because we're talking about how we're shipping a job here. :H:H

Bouchard - YAHOO :yougo: :cheering :cheering :yougo: 14 days is fantastic!!!

How you feeling today Mama???

ok back to work for me.................
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dang....big spender!!!! I am very proud of you and motivated by your thriftyness!!! Gotta do whatcha gotta do right???
                          You DO do the sniff test at thrift stores, right??? I have to sniff all the clothes...
                          I decided when you hit 30 days I am going to detour the bus and jump off and kiss you right on the smacker in front of the flip flop boss AND the mayor.......that'll be sure to start a rumor!!!
                          I am so darn proud of you girlie.
                          Isn't Breaking Bad the best??? I lurve that series.
                          What did you buy for your bedroom???
                          My biggest shopping thrill these days is the grocery store....pretty sad, huh??
                          I did tell you MY BABY SCORED TWO TOUCHDOWNS FRIDAY NIGHT, right????
                          (she pants for recognition)(like a puppy)
                          I am in biatch mode at work today. I am far too good to my employees and let them get away with murder, but not today. Gotta confuse them a little....
                          Did Boopie have fun with Dad??
                          off to shuffle some papers as Niner says

this posting crap takes longer now as I have to proofread for that K9 person.......:upset::upset:
                          xo

Comment

BOO-CHARD......Halloween is almost around the corner
                            Yippee..............it's awesome isn't it??
                            How did you do it with the birthday party and everything?

I am fine Nora....just normal aches and pains. Oogy eye is better...thanks for asking:h

Comment

Hi, Mama,NoraC,K9 and friends,

Today I am taking a step by posting from this thread !!
                              Just coming to say hi and hello 1
                              Dix
                              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hiya Dix!

Comment

Working...
                                X