One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama...um no I don't SNIFF at the thrift store...what is wrong with you? LOL But you do realize that I wash everything before even trying on right? Gawd, what do you think I am, some bag lady or something? LOL I do, however, check for suspicious looking stains...those I will not even deal with.

So...did your son score any touchdowns on Friday night?

And I do appreciate the extra effort you've taken lately to be gramatically correct. The spelling has improved as well, you deserve a gold star. I will get you in line yet.

For my bedroom I bought a huge butterfly wall decor, and 3 wall paintings...I also got a super nice blanket (thrift store), sheets (thrift store), pillows (thrift store) and this throw thing that looks super nice at the end of my bed (thrift store) and a brand new bathroom rug (thrift store). Then I got 4 LED candle things (they look like candles, but are lights...those came from Pier 1...but only $3 each!)....they have timers so they turn themselves on and off. My room is very romantic....

Then I spent a ton at Walmart. I MUST STAY OUT OF STORES.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

now you need a boyfriend....(thrift store?)

Joaquin Phoneix is in a new movie, btw..............evidently his crazy spell was just a hoax???
      whatever..... I KNEW he was the man for you!!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HEY!!!! Joaquin is the man for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

LOL Nora! Yeah, I knew my Joaqie was just playin' with all that "crazy" stuff. I do hope he's lost a few pounds though...I mean a little extra is okay but there is no need to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

I have been looking at the thrift store AND at Walmart for my next ex-boyfriend. No luck yet...maybe I should hang out in the auto parts section next time?

Comment

fishing pole section...get it??

Comment

and bowling section....that way I'll have both pole and ball covered.

p.s. someone please do an intervention on me, I CANNOT stop eating cheezits!!!

Comment

Hi friends,
                my posts are getting pretty repetitive, you know my routines. I've decided to bump my swimming up from two to three times per week. No desire to drink. Life is good.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Glad you're doing well Sunbeam, and I like your new Sunbeam Bike avatar too!

I don't have much to report either, that's why I get SOO off topic. LOL

Maybe I will see Joaquin at Walmart later then we'll go buy some sheets at the thrift store. Yeah I'm losing it...time to go home! LOL

Comment

the next time I decide to be super Mom will someone slap me???
                    I have spent the past two hours boiling cabbage, and then chopping cabbage and onions. My hand hurts!
                    I am going to make cabbage rolls in the crock pot, but gave up until tomorrow night.
                    Going to read and flop.
                    K9...I expect pictures of yourt Walmart boyfriend!!
                    Hugs to you Nora where ever you are.
                    Good job Sunbeam! And Niner

Comment

Hey - I survived my first Latin dance class!! I think it was just like Zumba. It was so much fun. I have no rhythm and no coordination. So - just imagine me up there trying to follow the moves. :H:H I had a blast. I told my friends that I was going to be in the beginning class forever though.

Sun - a routine is good. :l Swimming is great exercise. I love it but never kept it up when I did join the gym.

K9 - we will have to fight over Joaquin. You're younger & not married so I assume you will win.

Mama - I am going to slap you for being Super Mom. You are sick!!! Take care of yourself sweetie. :h

Hugs to all. I need to unwind before bed. I want to try the rocking chair meditation.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am giggling just think of you dancing, love!!!

Hubs did aerobics once with me. While all the ladies were going right, he was going left. I got so tickled I had to leave.
                        off to work
                        bacinabit.......................
                        I will post totally AF thoughts in a bit. I had a long talk with a friend about it yesterday

Comment

it's raining here and I cannot wake up....

Comment

Hi everyone :l:l
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Sweetie Cakes!!!

Comment

I'm jealous of the rain Mama...we never get any "weather"....75 and sunny day after day after day after day.... (I know, I shouldn't complain...but I am anyway. lol)

Nora - I think if Joaquin saw your dance moves, he would pick you in a heartbeat! I took Zumba twice with my daughter, we had a blast. That was back in the day when I could afford the gym.

Everyone at work is AMAZED at my thrift store clothes. I'm afraid I may have created competition for myself, I should keep it a SECRET!!! I organized my closet on Saturday which is why I look like I have a new wardrobe, when in reality, I just found stuff that was jumbled up in a ball. LOL

What are you making all these cabbage rolls for Mama? And yes, you do need to stop being supermom. Be like me and go buy cupcakes no matter what the occasion.

I have to go to Walmart at lunch today to buy more Cheezits. I will have withdrawals if I skip a day.

Off to shuffle papers...be back later.

Comment

Working...
                                X