One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can read after...I had church last night and ended up staying up until 11 reading (unheard of for me)...I am almost done with that Gypsy book, 10 more pages to go and I just couldn't hang...tonight I can wrap it up and start me a new one! Woot!

The next one is called Naked Lunch, I think it's about addiction (a novel) but I can't remember now. My poor brain.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

tell me the name of the Gyspy book again???
      almost finished with Madame Tussaud
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hewwo!!!

Comment

K9Lover;1384213 wrote:
          Bagel Head = It's where they put saline into their foreheads and then press down into the middle to make it look like a bagel...doesn't that sound cute?
          Further explanation required... Sounds like Bad Botox...

Comment

hewwo
            bagel botox???
            I need botox, but not like that.................
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Do they actually pump saline into their brow to take a photo then?

Comment

Hey all......STUPID, STUPID, STRESSFUL, STRESSFUL WORK!!!!!!!!

I want to be over here playing when you all are here :upset: instead of after you all are tucked into bed.

Ok - vent over - back to work (I almost said back to bed. :H:H)
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hiya Nora!!! :l I hope you have the weekend off... then you can come and play with us! )

Comment

Hewwo Nora and Zen! (I usually say Herro...but that could be misconstrued as racist, and I'm in enough trouble over on the athiest thread....)

Mama - The book is called The Invisible Ones, by Stef Penney (I could be off on the last name...get your Google on)

Nora you are working too hard. Seriously, take a load off and hang out with us...it's a lot more fun.

Comment

Hi friends,
                      We dodged the rain bullet today. It was predicted to rain all day, but it held off until around 3:00. I rode my bike in a different place, at Cape Cod National Seashores park on a dedicated bike path. At the visitors' center I could look out across the Atlantic Ocean for the first time since our arrival. We are staying two blocks from the beach, but on the bay side. It was a beautiful ride, starting out in a wooded area, with the trees getting shorter as the trail climbed the sand dunes. I walked the dog on the beach this morning. After my bike ride hubby and I went to the Provincetown Museum and Pilgrim Monument, then out for shopping and a late seafood lunch. We are in for the evening, will just read, watch Tv, and tell the dog what a good girl she is ad nauseum.

Allswell, I live about four hours from traditional Amish country. Some of them have moved up into my state. They are often very good farmers. I hope you were successful in your event.

Mama, Nora and k9, I'm sure you are happy that another weekend has arrived.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

'Bagel Head' Saline Forehead Injections: Japan's Hot New Beauty Trend? (VIDEO)

Comment

Todays news headlines " people who take benzo sleep medication more likely to get dementia " Harvard, study.

Comment

Good morning everybody. I have been reading and posting on other threads, only because of the views expressed there. Decided it is much nicer over here, folks don't need to prove that they are superior, more intelligent etc. I honestly never realised there were so many self proclaimed experts around. My motto until you have walked a few yards in another mans shoes, you don't know how he is feeling. I think if I had been judged like some people have, I would not still be around.

Comment

Hi Paula,
                              yes, this thread is my home though I don't participate in much of the chatter that keeps people together.

Did the pounding by your PT help you feel better? I mostly focus on stretching and strengthening. Some people swear by body work, but I find it pretty short-lived. I brought a Tai chi video with me to watch this week, maybe I can add some of that approach to my routine. There was a study from Texas described in the NY Times last week. Women with osteoporosis increased bone density in a program of Tai Chi and green tea. I have osteopena, this is the kind of info I gobble up.

Hey, I think you have completed another 30 days, congrats! I will finish 30 days (again)! Oct 1.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Sun, I must be getting better or I would not even notice all the negativity. I went to see the physio for an assessment, as soon as I told him that I was a nurse He assumed I had back problems. I do try to excercise and watch my weight, but I suffered juvenile arthritis and as I have got older I suppose it's inevitable that I will have aches, but it could be worse. I am waiting for the MRI scan to see if there is any damage to my spine, but I think it is muscular. Until you said I had not thought about another 30 days, but yes, I can't believe it, but I can certainly recommend it, I feel so good, it's wonderful waking up without the feelings of guilt etc. that I used to feel. Well done you too, on 30 days, here's to the next 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X