One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late morning to everyone.....Paula...do you have the link for the benzo thingy? I take .5 of klonopin to sleep at night, so that kind of spooked me.
    Clay had a great football game last night...he scored a touchdown and sacked the quarterback twice. It was fun cos the stands were chanting his name.....I will miss these days, won't I?
    Sun, your description of the Cape sounds lovely....
    ok...off to buy a suit for next weekend's Homecoming Dance.
    bacinabit
    I have not read the Atheist thread...not sure I want too.....
    xo
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama it was in our national papers The daily mail. The research was done at Harvard, so you could pick it up there. Please don't let it worry you, I think it was aimed at people over 65, who are on long term benzos, but it's worth acknowledging. It also talked about temazepam.

Comment

Good morning everyone, where are you all ?

Comment

Hi Paula!
          I'm still on vacation and I just finished reading House at Riverton by Kate Morton. I finally finished Pride and Prejudice a few weeks ago. Riverton also offered an interesting window into life a century ago, but within a great story.

I'm waiting for the rain to let up so I can walk the dog, then visit some of the other near-by lovely spots.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Sun, glad your enjoying your holiday ( sorry vacation) Did you enjoy Pride and Prejudice ? Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Comment

morning peeps....just ran around and did errands yesterday.....
              not much to report...but i was sober....yay!!
              more to do today and then Sunday night dinner at Nana's....

Comment

Good to see you Mama.

Comment

you too sweet Paula

Comment

I wonder how Allswell's run through Amish country went. It sounds lovely, except for the running part!!
                    Always good to see you too Paula.:h

Comment

A little birdie told me that this is the place to come to find peaceful warriors... In my war against poison I need positive energy so as i've read through your chatter, i think I will hang my hat here for a while. October is going to me my BIG month! I will follow along on your One Step at a Time all the way to my first and final 30 day achievement. On Day 3 of my final (it's about time) quit. Many of you have been part of the reason I am still here and ready to kick alcohol to the curb so I want to be in your midst when I finally reach my first significant milestone.

Ready and Willing !!
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Aw Sweetie....so glad you are here....we are all so busy that sometimes I log on and talk to myself!!!
                        Some of us are pretty battly weary and have had good friends chased off by nastiness, so we are a nice and downright silly group.
                        Mind you, if you need a gentle kick in the ass, you will get it. Ok? Nora and I talk on the phone ocassionally, and K9 and I rattle on about hot men and Goodwill and irritating people at work. Sunbeam and Paula are the kind spiritual leaders. Others pop in and out from time to time.
                        No judgement from us.....we are all battling the beast. Some of us are further along than others. welcome to the family!

Comment

Paula, I found Pride and Prejudice boring.

Tipp, glad to see you here. I feel like you are one of us.

Mama, eat well at Nanas.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Tipple, and welcome. I know what you mean about poison, I really should ignore it and as I have voiced my opinions, my lips are now sealed (as are my fingers). I think we all function better with kindness, we all have beliefs, fears, hopes and dreams, its nice to feel comfortable and acepted, thats how I feel here. Giving up drinking is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but its also the best. Mama you have always been so welcoming, I don't believe you have a nasty bone in your body.

Comment

Sun, ditto.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Mama, the race in Amish country was awesome, the weather was perfect and I came in second in my age category! It's so welcome to get out of town, see some new sights and meet some new people. Awesome!

Welcome Tipp, everyone is nice and drama free here. Good luck on day 4.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X