One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks. Just stopping by to say hello. Congrats on the race allswell. I do that stuff myself often. Miss you Nora.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi everyone!

Tipp - so glad to have you here. This is the place for peaceful warriors. I'm really glad that you are here. :l

I guess I have missed what has been going on out on the other threads. I'm sorry that there has been some more hurt/drama. I have been staying mainly here where it is is postive and helpful.

Well - I did drink this weekend. Not because of any cravings. More curiousity than anything else. I decided that I much prefer my sober evenings. And I really, really like to be able to look at all my green stickers. So, I'm not upset at myself at all. I am looking at this as another part of the learning process. I am happy that it wasn't an all out binge.

I am just relaxing today. Yahoo!! Went to therapy yesterday morning. Then to a Farmer's market. Lots of great fruit & veggies. Yum! Then to Trader's Joes and got stuff for Falafels. Then went in to work for several hours. So today is just lazy & reading. But, it's in the 90's again. Another heat wave this week. Yuck.

Allswell - So glad that it was great race. Sounded beautiful. Congratulations on placing 2nd. Way to go!!!!

Mama - Did you find a suit for Clay? How fun that they were chanting his name! Weren't you one proud Mama?? I would have been floating.

Paula - sounds like a wonderful vacation. Enjoy every moment.

Paula - I'm so sorry that you got caught up in the drama. You are such a sweet person, I just can't even imagaine what happened to upset you. :l

Techie - Love you & thanks for dropping in to say hello.

Big hugs to all. This is my safe place to come and talk. Thank you all for being here with the support and advice and encouragement. I really do feel so much better lately. Even though I did drink - I don't feel angry at myself. I owe a big load of thanks to all of you for helping me get to that point. You have helped me see that I have so much more to do with my life than sit around and drink. Thank you all for being here with me.......One Step at a Time. :h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

mama bear;1385074 wrote: Aw Sweetie....so glad you are here....we are all so busy that sometimes I log on and talk to myself!!!
        Some of us are pretty battly weary and have had good friends chased off by nastiness, so we are a nice and downright silly group.
        Mind you, if you need a gentle kick in the ass, you will get it. Ok? Nora and I talk on the phone ocassionally, and K9 and I rattle on about hot men and Goodwill and irritating people at work. Sunbeam and Paula are the kind spiritual leaders. Others pop in and out from time to time.
        No judgement from us.....we are all battling the beast. Some of us are further along than others. welcome to the family!
        Mama Bear, thanks for the hearty welcome. A few points:
        No pointy shoes for the ass kicks, ok?
        I could get into the hot men conversation.. at almost 56, I am still as frisky as I ever was (or more.. shame on me)

And Goodwill, I hope you mean shopping there! I am wearing the most gorgeous, handknitted pale blue sweater that I picked up there for 5.99...

You guys are my saving grace this weekend. The first of many sober ones. Hubby has opened and drank a bottle of our favourite red wine every night since I quit. So I don't linger at the table. The dishes are done right away and I hop on here with my tea. Don't want to spend too much time gazing at the wine... This is my reality.

So glad to be in your midst.:h
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Tipp - Good on you for coming here with your tea! Of course it's 97? here right now. So, i'm sitting in front of a fan and drinking cold water & sucking on ice chips.
          You're going to fit right in with the hot men & the Goodwill shopping. :H It gets a little slow on the weekends. K9 has a teenage daughter that hogs her laptop. So, she isn't around. Mama always go to Sunday dinner with her family to her Mother-in-laws which is so nice.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

By the way - K9 and I fight over Joaquin Phoenix. She wins of course. Cause she's cute & younger and she has all these great outfits that she picked up at Goodwill. :H
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
            X