SUPER SUNDAY SHOUT OUTS 2nd SEPTEMBER 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies an' gentlemen it gives me great pleasure to open the SUPER SOBER SUNDAY thread.

I remember back in the day when the lovely TLRG used to start the thread I used to be so happy to see my days add up.

So can we all join in giving ourselves a pat on the back for our AF time, doesn't matter if it's day 1, day 100 or day 2 squillion.

So don't be shy and give a try. Have a go on one of these calculators.

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator

Oops nearly forgot to put my shout in:

Or 3 years, 1 month, 26 days excluding the end date
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

:alf::alf::disco:3 years, 7 months, 20 days :disco::dancingskel::dancingskel:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

1yr
      5mths
      18days

whoo hoo
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Happy sober Sunday!!
        Going out to the Sunday market today.
        No need to fight with craving..
        3 months 25 days.
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

sober sunday here......over 90 days if I hadn't screwed up on vacation
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

:wavin: Yooo Hooo Jackie another week done Happy Sober Sunday everyone :wave:

Comment

Happy Happy Sunday!!

Three months plus some odd days minus a screw up here and there
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hmmm...maybe 240 hours sounds better than 10 days. lol

Yip, yip, yip...I'm determined to make my life better get to where some of you senior members are at!
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hi,

A lovely sunny super sober Sunday for me too.

well done everyone

much love Flossie x
                  Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Thank you, Molly. I believe this is the first time I have resolved myself to the fact that I have to give it up for good and need to bar any thoughts about being able to drink moderately in the future from my mind. This is long term, no alcohol for you girl, stuff. I drank a lot in my youth until I became ill and HAD to give it up. I didn't drink for many many years until I left an abusive marriage and met an alcoholic who introduced me back into the world. I have finally admitted to myself, you can't drink moderately. It always ends the same, so this time around has to be a true conversion of learning to hate the stuff and not lie to myself about it. Since entering back into the drinking scene about five years ago, I have not once been able to moderate myself. Who am I fooling? Can't do that again. A new and entirely different way of life and way of looking at life and myself.

I so appreciate the people here who offer their stories, hardships, progress and support. Thank you.
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Slaythefear;1372667 wrote: Hmmm...maybe 240 hours sounds better than 10 days. lol
                      Yip, yip, yip...I'm determined to make my life better get to where some of you senior members are at!
                      Hi Slayer.

Just brilliant to see you here. You're doing exactly what this thread is for. I can remember making my very first shout out. A whole 5 days AF and this was from someone who had difficulty going 5 hours. See you here same time, same place and same thread.

240 hours AF :goodjob:

Oh and must do my weekly :wavin: to Bungle.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1372690 wrote: Hi Slayer.

Just brilliant to see you here. You're doing exactly what this thread is for. I can remember making my very first shout out. A whole 5 days AF and this was from someone who had difficulty going 5 hours. See you here same time, same place and same thread.

240 hours AF :goodjob:

Oh and must do my weekly :wavin: to Bungle.
                        Thank you. The support here is fantastic. Even for the boredom excuse for drinking. I can come here and read a bit to fill in that time when I normally would go out for some social contact revolving around drinking. Now, I can replace those periods with these boards. The plan is to begin filling those periods in with other activities, but one step at a time. I, also, need to build my energy back up first. Next step is adding in exercise to start this week now that I'm not crazy with withdrawal (day 12 today) and better eating habits. Then more mental exercise.

Feeling good today!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X