Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY NIGHT

Hello

I've had the opportunity in the last several days to do some thinking about my choices, my self-hatred, and the negative talk in my head.
    I came to a few realizations that have been helpful. Trying to dig down into why I think so little of myself, and of course some of those seeds were sown long ago. It can be hard to replace the YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED message with a more positive one. It takes work and determination and much serious effort.
    I hope to never be even close to how bad I felt that night. In retrospect when you can look at it clearly and maybe even laugh-I was thinking HELL all the fuss about a noose??? And no way to reach that high ceiling. Just JUMP off the balcony for crying out loud-that would be easy! I'm joking here; I have no intention of doing any such thing.
    It's really great to find a good therapist, on ewho can really relate to your whole situation. Priceless really.
    So on I plod, ever so determined to make this life a good and calm one.
    Thank you all so much for being here always

Peace and love--------Ann

SUNDAY NIGHT

Ann,

You are a worthy person with nothing to be ashamed of honestly!
    All that negative programming from our childhoods can be deleted

I read a great book called "Radical Forgiveness" by Colin Tipping. It helped me with a lot of that stuff, I highly recommend it to everyone.

Stay well
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

SUNDAY NIGHT

Hi Ann,

Life is all about perception and how we choose to think about things. When I worked hard at changing how I think about my life things changed dramatically for the good. Gratitude is a word used a lot around here and making the decision to be grateful instead of resentful, angry, etc. was huge for me. Many of the tools used to stay off booze were also key to improving other areas of my life.

Stay determined Ann!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

SUNDAY NIGHT

Anne, so good to see you, thank god u didn't do what u planned to do, onwards and upwards xx
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

SUNDAY NIGHT

There's a thin vale between Saturday night and Sunday Morning.............let's find to a way to make it to church the morning after.......Ha!
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X