Army Thread Tuesday 4 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hallo: on frigginphone - still need to have a read back.

Home nice and early. Have just popped a chicken curry (from scratch, no less) into the oven, and the sun hasn't even set. I'm loving the longer days as we head into summer.

Mom update: she's going up to Joburg this weekend to go and pack up her things now that their house has been sold. She's dreading it, but would prefer to get it over and done with.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

'Ello 'ello!!!

I'm having a bit of a logistical problem getting on here! The new room mate is working from the house for a little bit (satellite thing) and I am a little FUBARed on my privacy. So haven't been meaning to ignore yous all... just between that and having visitors it's been a challenge.

I hope everyone's doing good! I have to run some errands but will check in when I get back and, hopefully, catch someone around... )

Comment

mollyka;1373456 wrote: Great idea pings! My Canada trip'll b my year treat! Going somewhere nice tonight?
        back to orchestra with a little trepidation...
        also my fingers seem to be more familiar with the cello than violin.. LOL
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Just a quick fly by. Car keys a rattling.

We're orff to see Hair.

Full reportage later.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everybody, Well Pingu did say to have a treat so . . . . . . a massive piece of New York Cheesecake and single cream . . . . guess I won't be losing any weight this week then! I'm trying to follow everybody's posts but not too up on them yet but will get there. Everybody sounds so nice. It's only two or three hours until bedtime here but I guess in some time zones it is much later/earlier . . . . look forward to reading more in the morning. Px
            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Evening I have awoken from my nana nap/meditation.:H Well, ages ago. Got the hoovering done, speech therapist, washing up..so alright.
              The weather was just gorgeous so we went to the park after the therapist. Need to enjoy these last days of summer even though it's back to school. I'm not dreading winter like I use to though. I'm trying to just stay "zen" and enjoy the seasons. Easier said then done!
              Can't help much on the family travel issues. But I agree with Molly-have a couple of nights to sleep on it and think it out.:l You'll figure out what's right for you. But I do understand the family pressure to do things. Jaysus-I'm living through it myself. But I can just say-I'm skint! Not possible.
              Hang in there Patricia! Cheesecake sounds lovely! Feck the calories.

Comment

mollyka;1373494 wrote: Just had a very good (I hope:fingers chat with Simon. He reminds me so much of Joe when he was younger - can be very harsh and abrasive - so I think I got through to him to tone things down a bit, My mum always said you worry about your 'kids' till the day you die - she may be right
                Your mum is right, I think!:upset:

Comment

checking in at half time. Brahms going well but my social skills have gone down the toilet lol
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Nighters from moi.:l The kids are finally in bed so I'm off to read a bit. xxx

Comment

Have I missed yis?

Yep... I agree Mollers... 'tis my gaff! But the first few days are bound to be an adjustment. It'll be fine. )

Tell you what though... a whole lot better than Bike Boy! (Thank feck.) This one knows how to do dishes... yippee! That was a joke... but, seriously, he's already helping out with things around here and the cat's taken a right shine to him.

Anyhoo... will keep an eye out for some sign of life for a little bit... x

Comment

p.s. A :welcome: to Patricia!!!

Comment

I be lurking! Taking a wee sift through the last couple of days worth...

Are you feeling less tired Molls? I can relate... had too much activity last few days myself, between visitors, Friday's cook-a-thon, new roomie, dinner out Saturday and a BBQ Sunday... I was like a deer in the headlights yesterday... totally bollixed!

Comment

Has Jilly gone back now then? Yep, I know you get a bit rattled with too much *noise* around you... :l

That's what it was like here... feckin non-stop action then having to run out to do's. It was a holiday this weekend and everyone had stuff going on... I was like a one eyed cat in a fish market! hahaha

Comment

any one about?
                              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Well... you got through it in flying colours and implosion free! )

I'm doing good thanks hon. Feeling pretty OK in the noggin! Even although it was a lot going on I saw peeps I haven't seen in a bit and it was good to catch up. Also, a bit relieved that the roomie thing seems to be going well.

Comment

Working...
                                X