Army Thread Wednesday 5th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1374064 wrote: With you on the human contact Reccie. This may sound truly daft - but sometimes I even have to push myself to go down to the house where my grandson is. It's not HIM obviously - but just the constant interaction with people that I don't know very well I find well tricky - but I do it, and it gets easier each time.
    Nope....doesn't sound daft at all, molly. :l

Comment

JackieClaire;1374070 wrote: They look like this.

Was on the phone off to have a wee read back.
      You were on the phone for nearly an hour? Zenners wasn't kidding when she said you could talk the hind legs off an elephant!

Comment

thanks Jaycee
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Recluse;1374074 wrote: You were on the phone for nearly an hour? Zenners wasn't kidding when she said you could talk the hind legs off an elephant!
          :H:H:H Cheeky beggar. Twas my Aunt. Grandma of the Boston Babes.

My Granny is apparently loving the Paralympics.

She asked my Aunt on Sunday why one of them won a gold medal for throwing biscuits.

My Aunt had to tell her it was the discus.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

'Ello 'ello! Howiyiz???

Comment

Howizya yerself, Zennifer.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

throwing biscuits...too cute

Comment

satz123;1374063 wrote: Hi Stirls
                  Not sure who else on - will read back!!Hiya Satz!!!
                  mollyka;1374064 wrote: Thanks for sharing that Stirly. I know my parents meant well - I don't doubt that, and also the times they were reared in have to be factored in as well. My Dad was born into quite a poor home - but with a really pushy Mum - they all 7 of them got a university education - but none of them seemed to love her very much.
                  My eldest sister was without a doubt the favourite - and omg it hurt - and yes - nowadays I will admit that I was always jealous of that.
                  With you on the human contact Reccie. This may sound truly daft - but sometimes I even have to push myself to go down to the house where my grandson is. It's not HIM obviously - but just the constant interaction with people that I don't know very well I find well tricky - but I do it, and it gets easier each time. Nothing will be as hard as the first time tho Reccie - so get through that and you'll be laughing. What helps me in situations like that is realising that in actual fact - even 'normal' peeps feel nervous in strange social situations - just we 'buried' those nerves with alcohol so never 'learnt' how to handle things - well that's my opinion anyhows:l
                  I find that I have to push myself a lot as well but there are other factors involved. My kids both live about 35 kilometres from here as do two of my close girlfriends and frankly it costs me more than I can afford to go visit them as often as I would like to with the cost of gasoline and the highway toll fees. I also like to take presents for my friends' grandchildren when I go to visit so that is an added expense. And older son kind of stresses me out. I love him dearly but he is a black or white person, as is Mr. Stirly, and it is rare that they get together and don't get into a disagreement about something. So lots of times I avoid visiting them or inviting them over for my own peace of mind. I know that sounds selfish but that's the way it is. I really enjoy hanging out with younger son and his girlfriend but he really doesn't much enjoy his father's company which is sad, but understandable. He worked in the family business for three years and after the umpteenth confrontation with his father, he decided he'd had enough and went to work for another company. So those things have factored into my visiting both my kids and my girlfriends. Unfortunately.
                  Recluse;1374074 wrote:
                  You were on the phone for nearly an hour? Zenners wasn't kidding when she said you could talk the hind legs off an elephant!
                  What Zennie said. Times 2. :H:H Just kidding. It's a delight to talk to JC and she's got a mad Geordie accent...

Love the biscuit/discus part...:H

:wavin: to Zennie - almost missed you there.....
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Looks like the barracks are temporarily deserted - everyone out for munchies - so I'm off to bed. Wishing all of you...

And to Zennie-butt..........

Tomorrowz, Trooperz.........
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Ha ha ha on the biscuits!!! :H

How are you girlies?! And nighters Stirls!

Comment

Just had a huge office shift around... now nobody can "look over my shoulder". I can see 'em coming a switch screens...

Comment

JackieClaire;1374081 wrote: :H:H:H Cheeky beggar. Twas my Aunt. Grandma of the Boston Babes.

My Granny is apparently loving the Paralympics.

She asked my Aunt on Sunday why one of them won a gold medal for throwing biscuits.

My Aunt had to tell her it was the discus.
                          :H:H:H

Comment

I totally get you on that one Stirls

Comment

Nighty night Stirls,

Just gotta go and feed the hordes. Full house again tonight.

Bacinabit.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've let some people know about the site Mollers... but I'm starting to get a bit more private about it now. WTF... don't want them to see my thoughts wot just belong to moi (and yous)...

Comment

Working...
                                X