Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Poem (not a quote, so started a new thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not too late... the angel said.
    Even though the world's a mess...
    Even though you're not as young...
    Even though you've made mistakes and have been afraid
    It's not too late...
    And then I saw the world through the angels' eyes...
    I saw the colors I could paint
    The bridges I could build
    The lives that I could touch
    The dreams that could still come true
    And it became very clear to me...
    That it's not too late.

- Ron Atchison
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Oops!

Sorry folks. It is a quote. I'll put it there. I don't have the option to delete the thread as far as I can see.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

I love it. I am 45 and sometimes I think it's too late in life for me to do new things. That quote is something I am going to print out and carry with me.

Thank you!!
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

red67;1375014 wrote: I love it. I am 45 and sometimes I think it's too late in life for me to do new things. That quote is something I am going to print out and carry with me.

Thank you!!
        AGREE! I am turning 50 this month. I'm really beginning to accept it more now, though. It really can be a great time in life especially if you have kids , they have grown up and are less dependent on you leaving more time for yourself (sometimes). Although, I'm married to a 39 year old that can certainly act like a kid often enough. Through my last half of my 40's I felt very defeated and like this was it. Life was done and it lost its shine. That has really changed lately. I am so looking forward to this part of my life, and I'm making some terms to live it on.

Comment

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
          When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
          When the funds are low, and the debts are high
          And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
          When care is pressing you down a bit-
          Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
          The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
          And you can never tell how close you are
          It may be near when it seems so far;
          So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
          It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.

"Don't Quit," Author Unknown

Comment

Thats very inspiring, its given me a new lease of life, I've never felt healt...................

Comment

The Bug Lyrics Dire Straits

Well, it's a strange old game, you learn it slow One step forward and it's back to go You're standing on the throttle, you're standing on the brakes In the groove till you make a mistake
              Sometimes you're the windshield Sometimes you're the bug Sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're a fool in love
              Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger Sometimes you're the ball Sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're gonna lose it all, groove it, groove it, groove it
              You gotta know happy, you gotta know glad Because you're gonna know lonely and you're gonna know bad When you're rippin' and a ridin' and you're comin' on strong You start slippin' and a slidin' and it all goes wrong because
              Sometimes you're the windshield Sometimes you're the bug Sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're a fool in love
              Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger, baby And sometimes you're the ball And sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're gonna lose it all, groove it
              And again groove it Groove it Break it down
              Then you got the glory, then you got none One day you're a diamond and then you're a stone Everything can change in the blink of an eye So let the good times roll before we say goodbye
              Sometimes you're the windshield Sometimes you're the bug, yeah Sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're a fool in love
              Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger, baby Sometimes you're the ball Sometimes it all comes together, baby Sometimes you're gonna lose it all, I say
              Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger, baby Sometimes you're the ball Sometimes it all comes together baby Sometimes you're gonna lose it all, groove it

Comment

Breathe Me by Sia

"Breathe Me"

Help, I have done it again
                I have been here many times before
                Hurt myself again today
                And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
                Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
                Yeah I think that I might break
                I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

I heard this song on Pandora again this morning and thought it applied to struggles with AL here on MWO.

Comment

Working...
                X