The Purging Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Purging Page

I have noticed some cliques here too, but I continue to come here and post...within limits. I have learned my boundaries and try and stay there, for the most part. I hope you find the path that works for you, Slay, and I hate that you don't feel comfortable here anymore. Take care and good luck to you.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

The Purging Page

there have been some NASTY arguments here....people have left over them. But ALL of us are alkies....and all of us care...or we wouldn't be here.....
      just jump in start talking......I post on One Step at a Time too
      I think some of the thread seem "cliquey" since they are formed based on geographical location.....Aussie, Ireland, Southeast US......but I love bargeing into those threads and have learned so much.....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Purging Page

Hi Slay,
        I really hope you don't leave. EVERY single person here is important and has something to offer. I have enjoyed your posts, and I really hope you stay.
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The Purging Page

Me too, Slay. It's a hard enough battle to wage in the silence of real life. At least here, there's a place you CAN come and bear your soul. We are ALL sensitive because we are all so exposed here. You will find (over time) that some things will get to you ....this waxes and wanes and given time, it all works out somehow. It's a community and from time to time we have upheaval, but mostly we try and understand that the typed word is much different than those spoken, and we really ARE all coming from the same place. I hope you stay...I enjoy your posts very much, and appreciate what you bring here. B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

The Purging Page

Hello all. I'd like to take a moment an extend an apology to K9 or anyone else I may have offended by this purging post. No one deserved that here, and I am truly sorry. I am on day 21 now, and I must say this is a roller coaster of an emotional ride. I started out with withdrawals, then transitioned into a euphoric state of hope and renewal only to have a trip to hell come at me for no reason I can pinpoint with certainty. I was aware that others, at times, were acting in a sensitive manner due to mood swings, but when it hit me, I didn't realize it wasn't actually how I really felt until I got a breath of air today from the nightmare. About five days ago, I started having nightmares, unable to sleep and then descended into a big clinical depression episode which almost had me going to the hospital yesterday. That is something I have never considered before, but I didn't know how much more I could take in the dark halls of hell (depression). I believe the day I posted that I was in the onset of the descent and therefore, my sensitivity was quite heightened and not planted in reality. I don't know how many of you have experienced this or have dealt with depression, but it's been awhile since I've had to endure that level of an episode. I don't wish that on anyone. It's truly pure hell!!!! Today, I have breathing room, and I hope I am on the way back up the stairs and no other trips back in the wings.

K9, I don't want you to feel in any way that you were the cause of me retreating. We are all trying to break free of something that went wrong in our lives and with this, for me obviously, comes some enhanced sensitivity and 'crazy' episodes. I hope that was the worst to come. I care not to go back to the devil on his turf. PHEW!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well or at least having more ups then downs.

P.S. - I just viewed the PM. Sorry. This episode took me down good.
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

The Purging Page

I'm just glad you're still here Slay! :l
              I'm so sorry about the episode you just went through. I hope you are feeling much better.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The Purging Page

K9Lover;1377332 wrote: I'm just glad you're still here Slay! :l
                I'm so sorry about the episode you just went through. I hope you are feeling much better.
                Thanks, K9. I'm still going through it, but it waxes and wanes throughout the day instead of being a constant factor. It's not easy. At least I have no desire to drink, but it has really thrown my chemistry into disarray. When I get the breathing periods, I try to think more clearly about my plan of action and what I can do to try and beat this beast. It's more frightful than alcohol in several ways.

Be well.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                X