shaking and sweating and sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as most of you know i'm a very heavy evening drinker but one thing i struugle with when laying off the alcohol is sweating , shaking and being unable to sleep. what helped you lot through it in the early days of abstinence? xxx
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Hi Girly,

I used Ativan (a benzo) to avoid the shakiness. It did really help me sleep too. Are you going to seek medical help when you quit? I would suggest you do if at all possible. I know you've been struggling for a long time, have you been able to cut back recently? Please let us know!!

I'm thinking of you!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey k9

I havent cut back its just increasing all the time. 6pm here and a real danger zone time for me. i have promised my husband i wont drink today. ive already been to the shop to buy beer but put it back and just bought some snacks. We will row if i have some today. i'm trying real hard. im tired and starting to sweat. in real need of some tlc. hows the smoke free thing going? Hope youre well xx

thanka for reply i know people must get sick of me not helping myself xxx

need to try real hard today. ive promised hubby ill go to bed with him tonight. not something that happens often as i usually just pass out on the sofa xx
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Working...
      X