Clear All

Why I am Great!

Cross post Daisy! You stole my lines!!! XXOO, love ye girl, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Why I am Great!

I was just about to head to your thread ~ quick, b4 signing off. I have to get some things done b4 going to hospital 2nite, or maybe I'll go tom & call Mom.

Yes & yes to the other, Daisy luv. :l

Comment

Why I am Great!

Haha Byrdie!!! Right back at ye'!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Why I am Great!

Wildflowers;1383889 wrote: ... I think saying feck ta cleaning the house was a mighty fine idea....
          Yeah, Wildflowers! I say feck ta the bloody house cleaning too!

We're far too great for that (at least at the moment, fer feck sake)!
          :kissass:

-HD
          Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

Why I am Great!

I am truly humbled by how much everyone takes time to post here. I really do. Life is full of ups and downs. Why I am great today. My liver just got another day of healing. That is why I am great today. During my drinking days I fecking broke. That goes to you brydie..... Thank you all soo much. I have to work all weekend and have my little side biz going head full steam all next week plus school...but i love it. I couldn't do all of this without my MWO buds.
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Why I am Great!

Wildflowers;1383889 wrote: Don't ask don't tell policy. None of my forces would need to ask. Just was having fun Mr G.

What exceedingly heroic greatness from Mick. Sunbeam having published garden articles. K9 has over 30 days no ciggies. Rainy is new & so positive, has a good plan in place. Daisy, supportive, creative. Allswell & Mama , yep ~ yep... Knowing it's others who help make us great too. Byrdie, where's my dictionary of wonderfulness, greatness, super shiny clean windows to say about you! Must be in the back of my bookcase waiting to be dusted. My least fave chore.

FD, you great guy who started this positive thread who made me laugh. It also has given me a little place like home. I can be honest, sarcastic or I feel like whatever when I'm here. I even tried to give this thread another five star vote. Forgot, I'd voted.

Why is thread at only 3 stars????? Hello out there.

I don't feel so great & to be honest I haven't for a little while. Now with my Mom it's adding to it. I have the damn 4 month AF Craving Curse. The only thing that I can think of is that I'm reading my own signature line & believing in HP. I'm sober, I won't cave. But, it hasn't been easy. I may have to call in a favor from the Army & one of it's members to recycle #&$@!(&^%$@%(_+((**$#^% thread. Not yet, I can still smile. I think saying feck ta cleaning the house was a mighty fine idea. This was a grrrt idea to take care of my recovery needs, in a time of need!!!

Oh & glad your Vikings won.
              Thank you soo much for that. And it never will be easy. There are days I am grumpy and want to drink again. But It's worth this. Life is not meant to lived being intoxicated or just getting threw it. It's meant to be lived. I want to thank you soo much. This will always be a struggle but our very breathe is on the line here. We are going to do this and stay sober together!

Comment

Why I am Great!

FD - to repeat what others have said, this is a great thread. A funny and encouraging one.

Wildflower - hope your lull's passing and you're feeling on the up again. YOU are an inspiration to those of us who are just new, just starting out, or need to be inspired by those, such as you, who have been able to be AF for so many months. Keep in there, we're routing for ya

I'm not so much feeling great today, but a little apprehensive. Once i've completed tomorrow's marathon race, i hope to be able to post here precisely why i feel great

Have a really satisfying Saturday peeps!

RC

Comment

Why I am Great!

gidday. im great cause i rescued an injured croc last weekend and we got him fixed and he'll be released into the wild soon. you bloody ripper.

warnie.
                  'fucked if i'm bowling in these conditions'. (bill lawry)

Comment

Why I am Great!

I am great because I have 30 days AF

AND.........I am brave enough to stand up for what I believe, on my own,regardless of the crap that gets thrown at me and no longer turn to booze to numb the feelings

So ya boo sucks :H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Why I am Great!

kuya;1384674 wrote: I am great because I have 30 days AF

AND.........I am brave enough to stand up for what I believe, on my own,regardless of the crap that gets thrown at me and no longer turn to booze to numb the feelings

So ya boo sucks :H:H:H:H:H

CONGRATS!!!!

The big 30! You look so young. (G) It takes on another path after those 30 days, imo. Maybe you'll let me know what you think going forward.

KUDOS for standing up for what you believe or truth in the face of opposition. That marks character and courage in you! To hell with numbing out reality. Let's face it and love life again!

I'll enjoy my weekend. Thanks, Kuya. You do the same. Go reward yourself with something you enjoy.
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Why I am Great!

Kuya...CONGRATULATIONS of your 30 BIG DAYS!!! It seems like only yesterday that you wandered into the nest....gosh time gets away. I am so proud of you! I will have to head on over to the NN and get your hat out. Well done!!! This IS GREAT!!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Why I am Great!

kuya;1384674 wrote: I am great because I have 30 days AF

So ya boo sucks :H:H:H
                          Congratulations KY :wd::danthin: and well done on all fronts :l
                          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Why I am Great!

Warnie, I don't think we've met! So nice to meet you on this great thread! I have a soft spot for folks who look out for animals...how big was the croc?? Injured or not, I don't have the guts to do that...you SHOULD be proud!
                            Hugs to all today...great and small. B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Why I am Great!

I am blessed today for all the positive posts in hear and watching how everyone rallies together. I feel great today because of all of you. And I great today because I feel my heart changing in such a positive and constructive way. You are all great today!!

Comment

Why I am Great!

Byrdlady;1384752 wrote: Warnie, I don't think we've met! So nice to meet you on this great thread! I have a soft spot for folks who look out for animals...how big was the croc?? Injured or not, I don't have the guts to do that...you SHOULD be proud!
                                Hugs to all today...great and small. B
                                So I hope you have a big soft spot for me too Brydie cos I am a veterinarian!

Comment

Working...
                                X