Army Thread 12th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear i must rethink what type of pone to get. My nephews and a few others use samsung smart pone and are happy with it but i'll have sa look around as the samsung one is a bit more expensive than others. Morning Reccie i need to cut the grass here again and weed before the cold weather comes in and getthe last cut out of the way as the grass isn't growing as much now. Just do what you can bit by bit each day. Oh i've been there not pleasent craving al early. If you really need may be a small one to get you back asleep. I hope you manage to taper off at some stage when you can as you did before. it is tough but try not ot buy anymore and keep close to mwo for help and support. Well i'm gonna go to Tesco well i'm wide awake and get me cats stuff. Brekkie when i get back and may be a nap. Its only a 20 min walk there and back bit of exercise:H. Be back later have a good wednesday all. Zen what pone did you buy?

Comment

You're too smart and too NICE and too empathetic to let this shit beat you Reccy...

Comment

morning foxy, reccie, foxy, dixon and zenners. zenners i will be expecting my whip round payment in the post
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

its my birthday Sunday and my 5 months saturday, we r going to flamingo land to celebrate, whoop
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Zenstyle;1376941 wrote: Well... you CAN get out of it. You made a start before... and you had a glimpse of what it can be like... and it's time to try again.
            I did have about 3 months of sobriety earlier in the year, but I wasn't enjoying it. I've worked out that a lot of the problem is that I'm not very happy with where I live. In order to sell my house I need to do quite a lot of work on it first. Trouble is the booze is getting in the way of me doing that work. Whenever I have a rare few hours of sobriety I try to do a little of the work.

Comment

Firefox;1376942 wrote: Oh dear i must rethink what type of pone to get. My nephews and a few others use samsung smart pone and are happy with it but i'll have sa look around as the samsung one is a bit more expensive than others. Morning Reccie i need to cut the grass here again and weed before the cold weather comes in and getthe last cut out of the way as the grass isn't growing as much now. Just do what you can bit by bit each day. Oh i've been there not pleasent craving al early. If you really need may be a small one to get you back asleep. I hope you manage to taper off at some stage when you can as you did before. it is tough but try not ot buy anymore and keep close to mwo for help and support. Well i'm gonna go to Tesco well i'm wide awake and get me cats stuff. Brekkie when i get back and may be a nap. Its only a 20 min walk there and back bit of exercise:H. Be back later have a good wednesday all. Zen what pone did you buy?
              I got the LG Motion... 4G and Hot Spot compatible which means you can run other devices off it (like the laptop) if you sign up for hot spot. And I got a $50 rebate. The damn thing is fast as lightening on the internet (which is why the rest could use MWO online and I couldn't I guess... cos the Samsung sucked...) but I have an issue with FB and Comcast. But the phone is VERY nice and I wouldn't ever buy a Samsung again. I reckon I'll get the residual nonsense sorted when I take it back in tomorrow....

Comment

Recluse;1376946 wrote: I did have about 3 months of sobriety earlier in the year, but I wasn't enjoying it. I've worked out that a lot of the problem is that I'm not very happy with where I live. In order to sell my house I need to do quite a lot of work on it first. Trouble is the booze is getting in the way of me doing that work. Whenever I have a rare few hours of sobriety I try to do a little of the work.
                Where do you want to move to?

You know... you say you weren't enjoying it... yet you sounded happier. Were you fooling me or was that the case?

Comment

aww Reccie, sometimes we can get sober even when we dont like the things in our life, as we we have some kind of mental change and can like our selves even though we dont like the way our houes is, have u tried any outside support, GP, ALCOHOL TEAM OR AA. AA worked a treat 4 me, not 4 everyone though
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Firefox;1376942 wrote: Oh dear i must rethink what type of pone to get. My nephews and a few others use samsung smart pone and are happy with it but i'll have sa look around as the samsung one is a bit more expensive than others. Morning Reccie i need to cut the grass here again and weed before the cold weather comes in and getthe last cut out of the way as the grass isn't growing as much now. Just do what you can bit by bit each day. Oh i've been there not pleasent craving al early. If you really need may be a small one to get you back asleep. I hope you manage to taper off at some stage when you can as you did before. it is tough but try not ot buy anymore and keep close to mwo for help and support. Well i'm gonna go to Tesco well i'm wide awake and get me cats stuff. Brekkie when i get back and may be a nap. Its only a 20 min walk there and back bit of exercise:H. Be back later have a good wednesday all. Zen what pone did you buy?
                    Morning foxy. Sadly it would take at least half a bottle of whisky to get me back to sleep. I can't sleep without it at the moment.

I kind of feel like I don't belong here any more cos everyone else is doing so well. Almost none of you are drinking and I can't seem to make any headway.

Comment

Reccy Bear... I understand depression very well. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt. And sometimes it takes something or someone outwith yourself to light the fire under your arse to get you out of the funk. And... if you don't put your toe in the water... there is no chance of that. You know what I mean? It's like a Catch 22 at the moment.

I'm not sure what else to say except you need to keep talking and interacting and reaching out. If you go inwards you are FUBARed.

Even coming on here and talking is a positive thing, you know?

Reccy and I spent hours and days and weeks playing Words when we were bummed out. And, ya know what Reccy, that helped both of us... we weren't alone. So you need to keep rocking up and talking on here... that is the start. Final decision.

Comment

Zenstyle;1376948 wrote: Where do you want to move to?

You know... you say you weren't enjoying it... yet you sounded happier. Were you fooling me or was that the case?
                        Somewhere where there are mountains and sea or lakes. Maybe Wales or Scotland.

I think I was probably trying to sound more positive than I felt.

Comment

Recluse;1376950 wrote: Morning foxy. Sadly it would take at least half a bottle of whisky to get me back to sleep. I can't sleep without it at the moment.

I kind of feel like I don't belong here any more cos everyone else is doing so well. Almost none of you are drinking and I can't seem to make any headway.
                          Quit that.

I am the resident miscreant... I won't let you take my crown!!! :H

You DO belong here... and you are very much appreciated by the people on this thread. You're a lovely bloke Reccy... life dealt you a few blows... but I reckon you can get it back on line. Just put it out there... don't clam up again... and I think you will be making a good start...

Comment

Recluse;1376952 wrote: Somewhere where there are mountains and sea or lakes. Maybe Wales or Scotland.

I think I was probably trying to sound more positive than I felt.
                            Moving makes no difference. Wherever you go... there you are.

But... BUT!!! I think maybe a change may be good... if you can start working towards it. Fuck it, its only a house. A new "space" would be nice, wouldn't it... ?

Comment

littlepinkcat;1376949 wrote: aww Reccie, sometimes we can get sober even when we dont like the things in our life, as we we have some kind of mental change and can like our selves even though we dont like the way our houes is, have u tried any outside support, GP, ALCOHOL TEAM OR AA. AA worked a treat 4 me, not 4 everyone though
                              I went to see a counsellor for over a year, pinky. I ended the counselling last week because I was no longer making any progress with it and it was costing me a fortune.

Comment

yeah reccie we all enjoy ur company on here, and u r doing well in ur own way, i must say i couldnt keep recovering like u do it must take a lot of time nd energy, i dont think ive another recovery in me thats why i dont drink incase i could never get sober again, u need to think of a reason 4 why u dont drink a big reason that scares the shite out of u
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X