Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Into week 4 and feeling... flat and glum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have quit before for like a month here a month there type quits ...not really quits just afew weeks suffering until I can drink my drugs again, this time is different I am never going to drink again , ever. It's really quite liberating when you make that descision .

The only real bad feelings I get apart from the cravings is a kind of detached feeling , like I am not really present , and everything is going on around me. At 6 months I had areal bad couple of weeks , but things a lot better now, soberiety is my number one priority .

It's really quite exciting getting and being sober after so many years being owned by alcoHELL.
    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Hiya,

Well all the replies I got to this thread were right on the money!!! :thanks:

Those glum and dull feelings I had were basically gone within 24 hours and now I'm back to being fine and trucking along. The information I got here kind of enabled me to ride out those detached, glum hours.

And I'm happy to say that I didn't think about drinking during that time.
      And I agree with you 199days.." It is quite exciting being and getting sober"..
      I guess in the early stages it's not exciting all the time!! But knowing that gives me more power to deal with it

Thanks all and hope the day/night is going well

Patrice

Comment

All I an add to this most informative thread is that, the AF experience is somewhat akin to a roller coaster...one minute you are at the very bottom, then you are doing that much anticipated ride to the top, then you are screaming with excitement.

3 weeks is awesome and edging ever so close to that monumental 30 days! So, keep it up, and please keep your hands and feet inside the car until the train comes to a complete stop...and thank you for choosing MWO! He hee
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1377912 wrote: ....So, keep it up, and please keep your hands and feet inside the car until the train comes to a complete stop...and thank you for choosing MWO! He hee

Been reading along and absorbing everything I need in my recovery.
          Thank you Patrice, your thread has helped me more that you know.

But Nelz
          had to post when I read that. :H I love it. Going to keep that front and center.

Have a Fab AF Fri everyone...PPQ

Comment

porqoui;1377915 wrote: Been reading along and absorbing everything I need in my recovery.
            Thank you Patrice, your thread has helped me more that you know.
            PPQ
            Hi PPQ, isn't it amazing how our combined experiences and perceptions can come together to help.

I hope someone is analyzing it all because distilled the posts on MWO are worth a fortune in alcohol recovery knowledge.

Hi Nelz , fun on the rollercoaster isn't it

And to you Patrice , good to hear you up again, nice to chat the other night. Got any plans in place for the weekend yet?

KY

Comment

Working...
            X