• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 14th September

I must have one. :h

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1378250 wrote: I got a Wii - buggered if I know where it is. If I could get Netflix on my tele I'd deffo get it. Is it s'posed to work thro the Wii?

As in 'hoisted on your own'?? thats the only time I ever heard of a tabard
      That's "hoisted on your own petard" I think. Tabard's a work tunic thingy... innit?

Yeah... can defo get Netflix through the WII... I have it working now. YAY!!!! Feckin hell... what an epic this has been...

Jacks... let me know what the S&H came up with. I'm sure it's an easier solution than what I've just fried my noodle with....

Comment

JackieClaire;1378253 wrote: I must have one. :h

Ahhh hah! That's one then! I thought the buggers had sleeves so I wasn't thinking of the same thing...

Comment

I think I may have found my calling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ[/video]]Two Soups - YouTube
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1378257 wrote: Haha - you're right PETARD - WTF is a petard. That tabard is shaggin vile Jacks - I'd go for the posh place instead.
            May need detailed instructions re. the Wii and Netflix when Joe gets wind of this.
            Forgot I'd no dinner cooked for him for work tomorrow - shaggin cooking at midnight is NOT fun - particularly since I can't eat cos of this feckin chastity belt in me mouth:upset:
            :H:H:H

Yer a funny fecker MollyMoo!!!

I have no bloody clue what a petard is... just remember having heard it loads. I'll go and Goggle it.

I can give you Wii/Netflix instructions now... nothing surer than that. :upset: Once I finish chewing on me valiums I'll be right onto it!

Comment

JackieClaire;1378258 wrote: I think I may have found my calling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ[/video]]Two Soups - YouTube
              :H:H:H:H:H

It's you!!!!!!!

Comment

Zenstyle;1378254 wrote:
                Jacks... let me know what the S&H came up with. I'm sure it's an easier solution than what I've just fried my noodle with....
                I'll get him to write it down in words of one syllable.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1378262 wrote: I'll get him to write it down in words of one syllable.
                  Riiight! I may just be able to follow instructions then. Between the cell phone and the Wii I am all techno'd out for the week.

I should have realized there was a reason why my family used the frikken expression....

Word History: The French used p?tard, "a loud discharge of intestinal gas," for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. "To be hoist by one's own petard," a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare's Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means "to blow oneself up with one's own bomb, be undone by one's own devices." The French noun pet, "fart," developed regularly from the Latin noun pditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, "fart."

Comment

We went to a big posh dinner not longer after that and our waitress must have been the character that was written about. We were choking laughing every time she came near the table.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good grief, Zens, you've swallowed wikipedia.

Night night Molls. Leave the landing light on I'll be up in a bit.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nighty night Mollers and try to not hoist your own petard before I see you again.... :H :new: xxx

I'm going to have a very quiet evenink in the gaff. Can't be arsed... will not even be winkled out for a game of pool. We got salads from Chipotle... good stuff... and gonna watch a well earned Netflix show, good Gawd... what a struggle that was!

Here's one of last month's litter... I really think I'm going to do it this time! It's time.

Comment

JackieClaire;1378271 wrote: Good grief, Zens, you've swallowed wikipedia.

Night night Molls. Leave the landing light on I'll be up in a bit.
                          :H:H:H

That's ZACTLY what I did!

You can go to sleep later and I'll turn it off... no worries... What are friends for after all?

Comment

Aww Zens, that kitten is adorable.

Ach I'll just have to divorce Mr JC and put the S&H out for adoption so I can have a cat.

They're both allergic.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oy... now that sucks Jacks. Couldn't do without me kitties. I can get you a good deal on Claritin! ;o)

Comment

Working...
                              X