Tail Between the Legs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Free - you're certainly not invisible. We can see ya! Don't think we've met so hellloooo from me :l Day one this end too. Up far too late now - must go to sleep, 6am walk booked. Nighty all
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks so much freefly. I can't tell you how much your response meant to me at this moment. Good night and thanks.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Stick close Scotlass and I will too!
        Almostfree, glad to have you here; I have posted many times and felt that it was overlooked. I can be over-sensitive but the way I look at it the right person to reply just didn't happen to be about.
        You have definitely come on the right day, it seems, when there are so many coming back. Strength in numbers....getting through these first few days is the toughest and we both know that 'wine' is a friend in disguise, waiting to steal more from our lives.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Stick close Scotlass and I will too!
          Almostfree, glad to have you here; I have posted many times and felt that it was overlooked. I can be over-sensitive but the way I look at it the right person to reply just didn't happen to be about.
          You have definitely come on the right day, it seems, when there are so many coming back. Strength in numbers....getting through these first few days is the toughest and we both know that 'wine' is a friend in disguise, waiting to steal more from our lives.

Comment

Thanks Daisy. Just trying to get through the next few difficult hours until bedtime, like I'm sure you and everybody else is doing. I'm not usually such a drama queen, it's just that I'm very isolated at the moment, so it's easy for things to feel lonelier than usual.
            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Don't worry about it. I am feeling very similar but the thing is because I have had a good few AF stints this year, I 'know' that these feelings go when the alcohol does. Everything gets better. It's just getting back there, isn't it? We will.....
              Would you not like to be a drama queen sometimes? I am very shy but sometimes wonder what it would be like....just to throw a big wobbly and watch the reactions....

Comment

Daisy,
                ......throw a big wobbly..... lol! I love that you still have a sense of humor, even on one of the hardest days to get through. Well, better go fix something to eat. I remember the admonition about not getting too hungry, angry, lonely or tired. That's the fastest one to fix. Have a great evening and thanks.
                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Go you and feed yourself up - make it tasty!
                  Have to go get myself psyched up for a strong day 2!!!! See you there....

Comment

Scottishlass and everyone struggling on Day 1 please don't beat yourself up. Day 1 here as well. The last 2 weeks have been hell. Lots of family problems to deal with and I have dealt or tried to deal with them via the bottle !!! The main thing is we are all here and trying to support each other! Love u Guys!! !xxxx

Comment

Hi Boozer,

Welcome! Gosh it seems there must be at least ten different people I've run in today that are starting Day 1. It was an incrediby difficult weekend, it seems, judging by the number of people who 'went out', but for you, it seems it was a lot more than that. Hope things get better. Stay close and keep us posted on how you are doing. So glad you are here!
                      AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop by & offer my support. Sorry that I wasn't able to be around earlier to give a few hugs.

Almost Free - The HALT is true - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Those are all triggers for me. So, I hope you had something good to eat. (I usually mess up & eat ice-cream :H)

Glad that you all came here to get started back on day 1!! I hope that everyone has a better day tomorrow. :l:h:l:h
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

scottish lass;1401750 wrote: Checking in, feeling really sad and really bad - not managing to crack this and getting so upset with myself. Lots going on and I am so strong not to drink in the mornings, then daily something happens and I drink in the evenings - so disgusted with myself - I know I am not helping myself at all....had a long night last night really trying to work things out in my head, I know what I want, but struggling to get there.
                          Don't give up on me, I really feel ashamed enough that I wasn't going to post for a while, but that won't help me any - so back here again and humble.......
                          Hey Scottish Lass, we would never give up on you.. It would be like giving up on ourselves. We are kindred spirits here all struggling with our version of the Battle of the Beast. The worst is that picking up that first drink seems so non-chalant at the time but it only leads to the next and the next. that's the craziness of alcohol dependency. Stay here and keeping fighting the good fight. I don't know where I would be without you and others here. xoxo
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

almost free;1401918 wrote: Hi Scottish Lass and Daisy,

I, too, am back on Day 1. This last weekend seems to have been incredibly difficult for many, many people. I'm not very computer savvy, but I did manage to post on the newbies nest roll call. There were several people posting day 1, when I was on there. I've seen lots of others starting their day 1s today on other threads.
                            I am somewhat confused by all the different threads. I have done my best to reach out and encourage people that are struggling, as I am, but out of many different posts on many different threads, I have received very few responses. (Thank you alcoholic.) I was beginning to feel invisible and frankly with this being the weakest time of day for me, and it being day 1, yes I am feeling overly sensitive and emotional, so please no 'pity party' lectures. Not today, anyway. I'm already so close to saying to myself: see, I don't even connect with people here. Then the next thing I know, it's out for some liquid comfort from my psuedo-friend, wine.
                            I know how you feel. It seems that when we need it most, often the responses don't come flowing in. Our self-esteem is in the pits; that's the nature of who we are and why we drink. Wine is not our friend. I hope you never drink again but if you do just gauge your friend's effect on you from the first sip onward. Our friend just makes us dizzy, tired and sick. Sounds like my ex :H Hope that made you smile...
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

daisy45;1401927 wrote: Stick close Scotlass and I will too!
                              We are all in this together. I couldn't agree with you more about wine and it's tricks. So glad to be back yet again...
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;1402298 wrote: Our friend just makes us dizzy, tired and sick. Sounds like my ex :H Hope that made you smile...
                                Well Tipps, it definitely made me smile. I could throw a few more in there......don't even get me started:H

Comment

Working...
                                X