Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail Between the Legs Thread

check in later and best of luck with today!:l
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thanks SL. Forgot to say well done on 2 weeks. It must be hard. This country is awash with booze. Its everywhere and we ozzies don't need an excuse to drink!! I saw a billboard on my way to work yesterday showing a young couple celebrating with champagne. The seen looked one of joy and happiness. How sad it is. AL has wrecked so many lives. My friend died of AL a few years ago! Must fly now gotta do some work Thanks again SL

Comment

Boozer, I don't often read all the threads, but somehow today I scanned through a few and saw yours....

i have been here for a while, with some good stretches of sobriety. I think I have a 100 days now, sobriety date 5 August (every time I try to count I get to another number! lol).

I joined AA this round, and I respect that it doesn't work for everybody. A few things that rang VERY true for me: I am ill. I suffer from a disease called acoholism. It was a relief to acknowledge that, and I decided to take it as seriously as I would any other health problem.
        I also learned that during my previous sober periods, that I just " white-knuckled". My favourite thing, booze, got taken away, and no replacement given. So, all I did differently, was not drinking. Needless to say, it didn't last far beyond 3 months.
        I am on a journey now, where I am growing in myself, changing MUCH about my thinking, whilst remaining accutely aware that I am only 1 drink away from getted legless again.
        I guess all I wanted to say is, Don't give up? There IS a solution, and may you find yours...
        Love
        Sol xxx

Comment

Thanks Sol for your advice. Haven't drank today so thats a good thing!!! Just wish I could find an end to this madness. Thanks again

Comment

Hi Boozer, just wanted to say hi and I understand the struggle. Not managed 30 days this end since I've been here. Had lots of little stints which is definitely progress but I would like not to be controlled by alcohol. Wishing you lots of strength for another stab at it. Day 3 here so right there with you :l
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks Freefly, I can manage 3 or 4 days,its that 5th day thats the killer!!!! 30 days for me is just so far away at the moment.It really is one day at a time for the present. Thanks though for saying hello!!:l:l

Comment

Boozer & Fly - Just wanted to give some hugs. It's certainly not easy but great job on continuing to try. One Day at a Time is the way I do it too. Sometimes, I'm doing it a minute at a time. :l:l

Sol - congratulations. You sound great. I'm so glad that AA is working for you. I am really focusing on changing things too instead of just giving up the alcohol. I'm working on ME and what I need. It's really helping. You sound wonderful. :h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora :l

Comment

Thanks Nora, I am about to head off to work,without a hangover!!! Didn't drink yesterday and will be really trying hard today to keep away from the bottle. There is lots going on here at the moment with a Grandson locked away at the w/e with drug offences! I will check in later tdy. Hope you have a wonderfull day and that it is a A/F one:l:l ODAT the way to go!!

Comment

Wishing you a very happy hump day Boozer. Sorry you're have difficulties your end but do hope you'll get another AF day under your belt. Hope I will too! Stay strong :l

Comment

Thanks Freefly, Got through Humpday A/F....... Hope you made it through also! I am trying to focus on just HOW GOOD it feels to have al out of your system!! ODAT though for me , just trying to get as many af days under my belt as I can. Goof Luck to you. Will check in tommorrow. Its 7.15pm Wed in OZ. :l:l

Comment

Just dropping by with more hugs!! :l

Sorry for your troubles Boozer. Great job on making it thru humpday. Always a hard one. :goodjob:

Fly - thinking of you. :l
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Boozer - focusing on exactly the same as you! And keep, keep reminding myself, it feels great with alcohol out of my system. Really noticed that this morning on early walk. I forgot you're in Oz so you're ahead of me - just starting my hump day here in UK. Enjoy a nice sober evening and see you tomorrow ODAT! :l

Comment

:hiya: Hello Nora, x-post. Wishing you a happy happy day too :happyheart:

Comment

Keep going FF and Boozer - you are winning!! Slowly but surely, it is happening!! :l:l
                                Hi Nora, are you still up north? Hope you are having a good time with your parents.
                                Have a great day all...
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X