Tail Between the Legs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in......hope everyone is having a great day!! Hangover free preferably.

Yes - I'm still up in Oregon for a few more days. My parents are 85 and Mom has really declined (Alzheimer's). Short term memory not good at all. But, she's able to get around home. Dress & function. She still cooks but that is hard for her to remember what she's doing. She doesn't eat and that's really hard. Breaks my heart.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora, so sorry - that must be so hard. Willl she drink the shakes? Ensure or similar? My parents are aging, so far physically - my dad is the worst and my mother is so limited in what she can do because of him.....it is soul wrenching when remebering what they used to be like - all the more that we need to make the most out of our lives...
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hello Everyone, Just a quick post as I have just got to work and the students will be here soon. I work with disabled kids. Its a hard life for some of them and there parents. Sounds like we are all having a bit of a tough time. Life is tough and it never really stops. Thats the reality. Parents get old,kids grow up etc etc Thinking of you all. I am dealing with a grandson who is a drug addict in rehab. Great kid wonderful parents, just the way it is!! Did you all get through HumpDay A/F?? Hope so, life is better and its problems can be dealt with better A/F. Sorry to rant! Must fly will check in later!!!:l:l

Comment

Hey Guys, Where are u all? Is everyone OK?:l:l

Comment

Hey Boozer, I'm here All good this end. Wishing you a happy happy day! :l
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Good morning freefly, About to hit work. Alls good here.:l

Comment

Hi Boozer and FF - I am here and doing well, thanks for checking in.....home from work and safely tucked in without wine.....and am ok with that....
                Have a good day at work Boozer - hope you are in the land of Nod Fly:l:l

Comment

Hey everyone......looks like we're all having a good day. Enjoying my time - going home on Sunday.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning everyone. Up bright and early and just back from walk - nice and fresh this morning

Boozer - reckon it's Friday evening witching hour for you. Thoughts coming your way for a sober night :l

Hi Nora, how's it going up there with your folks? Hope all's well :l

Lassie, ditto - hope you're now in the land of Nod :l

Wishing us all a wonderful AF weekend

Comment

Hello Everyone. Wishing you a happy AF Monday!! Just a quick post to say hi! At work my home PC died Sat ha ha

Comment

Hi Boozer, wrapping up Sunday this end. Wishing you a great sober week and hope PC gets better soon :l

Comment

my tail is firmly between my legs. this Sucks!!!!
                          http://baclofentreatment.com/
                          http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                          http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Hey Mom - Nice to meet you! Yep -it does suck. But, we are getting thru it.....day by day. We're here to help you pick yourself up and get going again. :l
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome Mom 2J, to our skulking thread where we admit when we've blown it. You are not alone. I have been given some 'divine intervention' by way of pre-menopause symptoms.. in the past two weeks, I have severe heart palpitations if i have more than two coffees or more than one glass of wine. I am talking scary pitter, skip, patter, pitter, skip, patter, flutter stuff. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but am pretty sure it's menopause related. I am 56 and SHOULD be getting close to menopause (one would think).. so far all my plumbing is regular but come on... let's get this show on the road.. Needless to say, I am really curbing my coffee intake and wine has lost it's appeal as the consequences are dreadful. Thanks to fate, my abstinence (or close to it) is a lot easier than ever.
                              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi mom, all of us on here have been there, done that! You are in good company for sure!
                                Hi Tipp, how are you - useful having a side effect that helps in the journey to give it up for sure. Hopefully the Dr gives good news. I have had racing heart as a resulet of overdoing it and I can't recall having a racing heart since cutting way back, nor when I have been AF - so hopefully you maybe cured. I also thought that I was going thru menopause, but the hot flashes, and sweats have gone away too!
                                Hi Nora!!

Comment

Working...
                                X