A thought I had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought I had

Last night I hanged out with some friends and stayed sober. On the way home so that I can do a few things before bed including giving my male cat who has a UTI his meds a thought came across me, if I was drunk/wasted, there is no way I would be able to give Ashes his pill and its a good thing that I was sober since my mom forgot to give him his pill earlier. I feel so grateful to be sober.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

A thought I had

Nice Alison

That's a cool story. With drinking lots of stuff goes undone. You are an inspiration to me

Comment

A thought I had

old chinese proverb=

"man takes drink

drink takes man

drink takes everything"

Comment

A thought I had

Sobriety is a precious gift. It's difficult, if not impossible, for someone who has not walked in our shoes to understand that. Well done Drifty, you grabbed sobriety and never looked back.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

A thought I had

Yep, Alison! We neglect things when we are in the bottom of a glass. I missed being the tooth fairy a couple of nights in a row. The kids finally put post-it notes all over the hall passage from my room to their's so I'd remember........ How they knew I was also the tooth fairy was a surprise once I sobered up!!!!
          It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
          Mother Theresa

Comment

A thought I had

Good post DA, there are so many little liberating things like this that I find as I go along on my forever sober journey.
            Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

A thought I had

Right on Drifty Gotta take care of those animals, nothing quite like unconditional love
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

A thought I had

Way to go Drifty! My dog is on 2 meds, ear drops, and an ear flushing schedule...there's NO WAY I'd be able to tend to her if I was drinking (hell, I'm having a hard time doing it sober!!!). Keep up your great work girlfriend!!!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

A thought I had

K9, what kind of dog. I had a German shorthaired pointer that recently passed

She had ear problems her whole life, that whole flushing and cream is SOOOOO HARD TO MAINTAIN
                  And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

A thought I had

Hi V,
                    I have a little mutt, as far as the pound could tell she is part cocker spaniel and part chow...although I don't see any of either in her. She has short ears and she's only 20lbs. To me she looks like a miniature golden retriever. She's had skin/ear problems for the last 4 years...I've had to keep her on steady medication, but she is doing 100% better this time around. She's almost 14 years old and acts like a puppy. I cannot even think of life without her...so I'm not going to right now. LOL

K9

Comment

A thought I had

Here's my Mr. Mc Gee that I rescued almost 2 yrs ago. He's playing peek a boo. I have a few other pet names I call him.

I did take him in for a junior blood panel & luckily they pilled him. His fangs would make a vampire jealous.

Since then I've been treating him to wheat grass, which he loves! However, I left it outside on the deck & I guess a flea egg must have been hiding in it. Well, he ate it. You can guess what. The vet gave me the pill this summer, as he's not do for his ck up. Saving me $. I'm very thankful for fur babies, pet pockets to hide pills in & being sober.

Comment

A thought I had

What an adorable kitty! FF
                        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

A thought I had

Ah yes...flea egg = worms, right? Been there, done that one! Thank goodness for the magical pills!

I found these great treats at Walmart that are perfect for hiding the pills in, they're called "Hollywood Stars" and they're soft and bite sized. My little chihuahua jumps around like a mexican jumping bean when it's pill time for the other dog, because she gets a treat too. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X