Army Thread Monday 17th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We prefer lamb to beef, even though it's more expensive - but not by that much.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mick;1379180 wrote: Morning all...just thought I swould pop in again and see whats happening..nosey neighbour syndrome!!
      Zen...I love crib too..aint it stranger?..never played it back home..probably too busy getting shedded :H:H
      Morning JC..you ok?
      Big hi to everyone else
      Mick
      Hahaha! I call it "getting trolleyed" but I hear ya!!! Cribbage is great... enjoying it... and already have a few players. We've had a few "cribbage sessions" already. I sit around playing cribbage now where 20 years ago we'd be smoking pot... hee hee...

Yeah... who knew? I'm good at something and I never caught on till now. I might try frikken chess next and freak yiz all out. Bet I'd be useless though... that seems to take a LOT of concentration... the old grey matter is not what it used to be, nowhere near it... Least I'm still the right side of the turf, which is more than can be said for some people that have imbibed as much as I have... grateful for small mercies.

Comment

You still seeing strange ads & links, BTW?
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1379350 wrote: We prefer lamb to beef, even though it's more expensive - but not by that much.
          I like them both. Really don't like pork at all... gaaaack.

I can do the occasional bit of chicken but I like chickens and birds in general, was raised with 30 that laid our eggs, so it's a bit of an issue eating that.

Shellfish... I have no qualms about eating... and fish.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1379352 wrote: You still seeing strange ads & links, BTW?
            Nope... none today. Did anyone else see them or was it just me?

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1379352 wrote: You still seeing strange ads & links, BTW?
              :H:H:H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/video]]Twilight Zone intro. - YouTube

Comment

JackieClaire;1379214 wrote: I am not ackshully here I am ackshully in the kitchen.

My hairdresser once told me to stick a large potato in the toe of a shoe that was too tight. I'd like to say it worked like a dream but it didn't.
                WTF????

Jaysus.

I worry sometimes... I really do.... :H

Comment

hiya zennie butt
                  stuffing some chinese carry out down my throat...
                  I think ya'll say "gob"
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

How's yer eye Mama Mia?

Comment

WTF? Eldest cub just showed me something freaky. New iPhone 5 in US - $199. Old iPhone 4S in SA - $420. Huh???
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Evening

Hope your stomach is better soon mrs bear.

Back from the doc's. On the positive side she gave me a prescription for all the medications I asked for...ADs, sleeping tablets and more. On the negative side, she's leaving at the end of the month. Absolute bloody buggery bollocks! :upset: She's the only GP I've ever had that I've been able to talk to properly. A really lovely woman. She doesn't like the government's proposed changes to the NHS, so she's moving out of general practice after 26 years and going to work in the local hospital instead. Fuck!

Oh and she said there's a job going at the practice and would I be interested? She's going to speak to her boss and ask her to e-mail me when she comes back from holiday next week. Don't quite know what it involves (scanning was mentioned) or what the hours are or what the pay is. Prolly nothing will come of it....we'll see.

Comment

Zenstyle;1379362 wrote: How's yer eye Mama Mia?
                          Don't ask about her tummy, though. Mamma Mia, there she goes again :H
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I've just had a huge clearance this weekend. I can get shite in and out of the linen closet "yoke". The bin men hauled away a load of crap earlier. I seem to have an "issue" with hoarding throw pillows (cushions where we come from). Have about 30 in the garage that I took pix off and waiting for some folk to claim them. It will not happen again... no more needless cushion purchases.

Comment

Recluse;1379364 wrote: Evening

Hope your stomach is better soon mrs bear.

Back from the doc's. On the positive side she gave me a prescription for all the medications I asked for...ADs, sleeping tablets and more. On the negative side, she's leaving at the end of the month. Absolute bloody buggery bollocks! :upset: She's the only GP I've ever had that I've been able to talk to properly. A really lovely woman. She doesn't like the government's proposed changes to the NHS, so she's moving out of general practice after 26 years and going to work in the local hospital instead. Fuck!

Oh and she said there's a job going at the practice and would I be interested? She's going to speak to her boss and ask her to e-mail me when she comes back from holiday next week. Don't quite know what it involves (scanning was mentioned) or what the hours are or what the pay is. Prolly nothing will come of it....we'll see.
                              I think it'll be fantastic if it did work out, Reccie.

What kind of sleeping pills did she prescribe?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1379365 wrote: Don't ask about her tummy, though. Mamma Mia, there she goes again :H
                                Hee hee!!!

Mamma mia, here I go again
                                My my, how can I resist you?
                                Mamma mia, does it show again?
                                My my, just how much I've missed you
                                Yes, I've been brokenhearted
                                Blue since the day we parted
                                Why, why did I ever let you go?

Comment

Working...
                                X