Restless leg syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restless leg syndrome

Does anyone suffer from this? I tried an over the counter med for it with no luck... I don't always have it but when I do it's a huge contributor insomnia... Really not fond of perscription meds so just wanted to see if anyone had experienced releif in any form.
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Restless leg syndrome

maybe try some chamomile tea, it relaxes the nerves and muscles

Chamomile Tea Benefits

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

Thanks I think I will ask hubby to stop gor some on his way home
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

Yer most welcome! :welcome:

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

No AL made mine go away
          and weaning my anti-depressant by half
          I have another friend that takes Seroquil and she said the same thing.....her aching legs kept her up at night
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

Mama, yeah with the AL I never suffered a bout, and I have yet to recently but dread it if it returns, it is not just bad cause it keeps you up, it makes it so that you can just not relax period..... Maybe it just wont return this time and if it does I will go see my Dr.

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

My Restless legs are like electrical shocks...so I take an Rx for them...it is sheer misery otherwise. But my nurse friend says that they gave their patients quinine...there are some OTC remedies I think with that as the main ingredient. Hope that helps...B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

Take a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc vitamin.

My very good friend is a personal trainer and he said a lot of people think they have RLS, when in reality they don't, it's simply a lack of certain vitamins.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

Thanks K9, well I have been really good and being sure to take my daily multi and it contains all 3, so like I said I have yet to have an episode but was trying to head it off at the pass with the lack of AL as my CURE got some good advice here and think I will be able to stave it off, or at least deal with it when it comes.

It is not so much I can not deal with a little RLS, just really trying to avoid any triggers or ridiculous reasons to drink

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

I feel ya Liven!!
                    It made my husband crazy..................
                    but I was amazed that certain medications seemd to make it worse
                    my friend says if she keeps her legsd warm...sleeps in sweatpants...and hae hubs rub her legs, it helps alot
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Restless leg syndrome

When I first had episodes (long before there was a name and an RX for it) I would try taking any of the "PM" medications, and it just kept getting worse and worse and moved to my arms so I would take more "PM" meds, then when I finally saw an RX commercial calling what I had as RLS I started to research and learned that "PM" meds only aggravate it MORE..... I stopped those and have never touched one since

Comment

Working...
                      X