HELLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO

Just wanted to recommend a documentary, like Rain in MY Heart , from the UK.
    It is called The Wet House and ou can see it on YouTube.
    Heartbreaking

I rather feel like an intruder here now for some reason. At any rate I have a solid week today.

Peace to all

HELLO

Intruder????? Nooo way!
    Well done Ann. And peace to you.....
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

HELLO

OOPS-hit send message twice. Sorry-too busy eating bread pudding and posting LOL

Comment

HELLO

Why do you feel like an intruder Ann? I'm always happy to see you posting.

Comment

HELLO

Intruder?? Inschmuder!! Why? We are all in the same battle!! I've been meaning to check out that documentary...it has been suggested for ions. I'm so glad to see you have 7 solid days!! You know what that earns you??? A full moon!!! :moon: I am so happy for you! Keep posting, it does a body good! Hugs!! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

HELLO

Hey Fly

I don't know really. I'm not going anywhere though. I have added more "tools" to my kit now and feeling good.

I have decided that I am not even going to be around people drinking for a while. I am on the AB , but I think I should just take a break from even being around drinking. The length of time for this is indefinite. There is no reason to put myself in that setting knowing that I would rather be somewhere else.

The weather is cooler now, and I got some new hiking gear. The woods around here are fabulous!

Thanks

Comment

HELLO

HEY BYRD

Thanks! I so love living where I am. A great lake with hiking not even 10 minutes away.
              It is so good for me!

I will say this about the documentary-it is wrenching to watch. The people in it once had productive lives, and it's terribly sad.

Comment

HELLO

Your never an intruder here Ann, your family here! If I don't see you post, I know I wouldn't be the only one who'd miss you!!!.... :l

One of my tools is to protect my gift, my sobriety. One way I do this is, I won't jeopardize my gift, by putting myself in situations where people are drinking, especially where it's flowing freely.

Sometime quite a ways back, I watched The Rain In Your Heart Documentary & it was very sad! It must have taken those dear people great courage to be filmed! I'm reminded that I'm just one drink away from heading down that dark path! My heart go's out to them & their loved ones!!!... :h

I also love hiking & being outdoors. Going to brake in my hiking boots this fall & winter. They didn't get much use last yr. Too busy pouring poison into my body.

It's Fall Equinox this Sat & I've been feeling the chill in the air at night & early am for a couple of wks. I'm kind of looking fwd to summer's end.

Comment

HELLO

Hey Wildflowers

Thanks! As for hiking boots I got some Merrells last year and they are great!

I too welcome the cool weather. Debating about getting hiking poles. I got the armband finally for my phone/Ipod.

I am being very careful now to fill my time with good stuff. Just got new strings on my best guitar and it sounds great. I'm going to finish the songs I started a while back.

The bf thought he would come back around-HAHA-but I did not allow it. I don't need that crap. I am working on ME now and plan to have a terrific fall and winter.

Peace and love to all

Comment

HELLO

Ann Carolina;1380529 wrote: Thanks! As for hiking boots I got some Merrells last year and they are great!

I too welcome the cool weather. Debating about getting hiking poles. I got the armband finally for my phone/Ipod.

I am being very careful now to fill my time with good stuff. Just got new strings on my best guitar and it sounds great. I'm going to finish the songs I started a while back.

The bf thought he would come back around-HAHA-but I did not allow it. I don't need that crap. I am working on ME now and plan to have a terrific fall and winter.

Peace and love to all
                    Good for you!

Comment

HELLO

Hi Ann!

You should never feel like an intruder...you are part of our family! I'm glad you're doing well. Good for you on being active and getting outdoors. I need to get myself moving more....for a while I was an exercise addict...but somehow that addiction was REAL easy to break. LOL

Stay close to us...we love you!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                      X