Now that I'm sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I'm sober

TheSunFlower;1380439 wrote: If the the bar manager needs to clear out the bar....just ask me to sing....drunk or sober Sober they would need to pay me though. Hardly think I would make it anywhere near closing time.

I find myself in so many situations thinking.....why in the hell are we even talking about this? Who really cares? And this is not even with drinking people.....once the mind clears....
    Is that what it is?
    I am getting those "this is interesting why" ? Moments more and more. Even without al being involved :H
    Lees tolerant or clarity of mind not sure

Comment

Now that I'm sober

scottishman;1380400 wrote: I can't believe some of the twats i was hanging out with :H

that pub crowd talk so much shit I should have taken toilet roll with me
      BIG TIME!!!! My purging thread started on that line of thinking. Unfortunately, I had a mood swing in my early days and stepped out of line. These mood swings are the worse part of this journey for me.
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Now that I'm sober

scottishman;1380400 wrote: I can't believe some of the twats i was hanging out with :H

that pub crowd talk so much shit I should have taken toilet roll with me
        this is sooooo true. the sad thing is that 'we' are the twats that we were hanging out with. (well for sure i am/was). i have to say before i got into heavy drinking i didnt particularly like pubs unless there was a decent band playing. oh how the demon drink plays with our minds
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Now that I'm sober

We had a huge anniversary party for my parents last weekend (50 years!)...only 2 people had too much to drink. One went home early at her husband's insistance (good for him) and the other was my cousin (she's a full blown alkie). I was busy cleaning up and I could hear her going on and on about renting movies from Netflix...I wanted to say "OK we get it...Netflix is an amazing deal for $7 a month...you've said it like 50 times!" I'm sure I was just as bad, probably worse! It's "funny" now to see it from the other side....
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Now that I'm sober

K9, ditto to that. The more you drink the more you repeat. I have noticed that too.

AK
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
            X