ARMY THREAD 21ST SEPTEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning peeps, glad to have me laptop charger back and me car sorted, that bloody car, lol its always falling to bits, never mind.

I am a bit pissed off with the uni i got an email from a senior psychologist in febuary saying that we could enrol on our options but I was to wait till now (september) as i am a part time student and I would be able to pick an option that fits around my employment and that I wasn't to worry that places would be full as there would be space for all part time students to slot in, so I emailed them and said which course I wanted to go on and then they say oh i'm sorry that option is FULL. I was like but you said THAT WE COULD GO ON ANY OPTION EVEN IT WAS FULL. sO IVE EMAILED THAM BACK AND POSTED A COPY OF THE EMAIL THEY SENT ME IN FEB and I will be bringing it up at my next course rep meeting, hope everyone has a good day.

J.C did u get me text yesterday?
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Good morning Pinky and all to come

Pinky: don't allow them to railroad you! :goodjob:

It's lovely to wake up in a leaisurely fashion. The eldest cub even brought me a cup of coffee in bed. I suspect it was part of his plan to get me to drop him off at school so he doesn't have to walk in the rain :H It's a short drive, so I didn't mind.

I'm deciding what to do with my day... Mrs. T alluded to housecleaning that needs doing. The housekeeper went back to Zimbabwe for her annual holiday, so the place is looking a bit grubby. I'll help, but I'm most certainly not going to be doing it on my own. I'd much rather grab an umbrella and go to a few nurseries in search of herbs.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Enjoy ur day of leisure Tippers, hope it doesn't involve too much cleaning, lol
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

A bit damp here too. Pinky good luck with sorting your courses. Tips seize the day and f*cked if I have anything else to say but belated congrats to all for birthdays and most importantly re-birth dates. xo
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Morning folks. Pinky that sucks, the fact that you have it in writing means you shouldnt let them fob you off with excuses, keep fighting your corner.
          Pouring rain this morning which just about matches my mood yesterday, jeez I was in a serious funk. As usual the default setting is go and buy AL but I didnt. I think that it is more mental than physical as there were no cravings to speak of, just an overwhelming desire to make the bad feelings go away. I assume this makes sense?
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning ringing cedars and Ktab, cheers to u both 4 thr support around uni, Ktab yeah it makes sense to want alcohol when u feel bad, the good thing is u didn't drink and spoke about it on here, which u don't normally do which again talking about i is a positive step, how do u feel now uv spoke about it?
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Talking is all well and good Pinky, its the doing, or not doing in this case that makes the difference. For years now, at times, the black dog of depression comes calling and I have welcomed him in. I am slowly learning this he isnt welcome, But it is so much harder to see that through a haze of AL, which of course is a depressant. Another vicious circle eh.
              Hi RC.

Comment

yeah Ktab its a viscious circle, through the years, have u noticed a patten for when the depression comes? anything that triggers it off or why u think u become depressed
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Sure logic goes out of the window Pinky. It doesnt take much sometimes or even make any sense but sure thats the nature of the beast. Would love to stop and chat but I need to get to work, see you later and good luck with sorting uni today.

Comment

I suffer from depression. I take a very low dose of citalopram, keeps it at bay. I soppose ots just finding what works 4 u, took me ages to find the right meds, i was determined not to take meds, but the DR said I had a mild chemical unbalance nd if I didn't take meds at points in my life regularly I would become depressed so I take the smallest dose, seems to keep the chemicals happy
                    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

laters Ktab, don't work 2 hard
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

RC! Good to see ya :l

Good luck at work Tabbers.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Are you working today, Pinkeroo?

At the rate the rain is coming down, I don't think I'll be getting out of bed anytime soon.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yeah I'm at work today, not just yet though, later on in the morning, I listened to paul mckennas i can make u sleep last night thats why i'm up early, lol
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning army its raining here too. Pinky i for got to pass on ur message yesterday sorry. I went out later and it slipped my mind. good luck with the uni on getting the coarse you want they shudn't have went back on their word that coarses are full. I also take a low dose ant-depressants it helps at time but i still get down now and then. Al is a depressant and i wud be prone to turning to it at those timers but i realise its a vicious circle and the day after is aways worse. Well Ktab for not giving in and good luck to Reccie on the tappering down. Its just poison. Still feeling a bit tired might try get back asleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X