16 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 months

Thanks everyone. You all inspire me to keep going.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

16 months

Oh Drifty, you made a normal Monday wonderful! Well done, thanks for being one who leads the way, it is so helpful to see that the life we are all struggling for/striving for can actually be achieved....
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

16 months

Huge congratulations Drifty - you are an inspiration to so many xx

Comment

16 months

Look at our little Drifty go!!! :wd:

Do you get cravings very often? How do you keep the "bad" side of alcohol fresh in your mind?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

16 months

Hi Drifty,
            Congratulation Drifty !!!!
            I am so happy to note that you are 16 months sober !!
            You are so supportive here.
            Dix::band2::rockband:
            A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

16 months

K9Lover;1382649 wrote: Look at our little Drifty go!!! :wd:

Do you get cravings very often? How do you keep the "bad" side of alcohol fresh in your mind?
              I still get cravings but they are more farther apart now and so weak. I keep the bad side of Alcohol fresh in my mind by going here daily and reminding myself of the bad stuff that Alcohol brings to me.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

16 months

Same here Drifty...if I ever "forget" what alcohol has done to me, all I need to do is look at some of my own posts recalling my past antics **cringe**

Keep up your great work!!! :happy:

Comment

16 months

Thanks and another thing that I do now and then is to look up wasted/hungover videos on youtube and that helps as well.

Comment

16 months

I so look forward to the day that I have to go look for reminders, that is a good thing!!!:H:H
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

16 months

Contests! I am lose behind at almost 14 months sober! Cravings come and go, I just think of the horrible feeling knowing my kids went to bed without a goodnight kiss from mom, morning nausea and shakes, sweating beer out of my pores all day at work, swollen face, blackouts..

Comment

16 months

I meant congrats!!!

Comment

16 months

Laurel74;1383968 wrote: Contests! I am lose behind at almost 14 months sober! Cravings come and go, I just think of the horrible feeling knowing my kids went to bed without a goodnight kiss from mom, morning nausea and shakes, sweating beer out of my pores all day at work, swollen face, blackouts..
                          Awesome job Laurel!
                          I think for 10 years ALL I could taste was beer because it was part of my DNA. And the nights I went out driving to get more beer and telling my daughter I was going to the store to buy her candy...that way it was OK.... Gawd...and I was usually wearing my pants with the hole in the butt cheek. I mooned that poor guy at the Liquor store more times than I can count.

Comment

16 months

much belated congrats Drifty!!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

16 months

mama bear;1384203 wrote: much belated congrats Drifty!!!
                              Look who woke up! LOL :l

Comment

Working...
                              X