Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 22nd September

:wavin: off to read back.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1381544 wrote: Hiya stirly!

I've just started on some medication today that has drowsiness as a side effect, so I'll see how that goes.

How's your weekend been so far?
      Hiya Reccie-bear!!

Well so far it's going well. I had a rather emotional afternoon yesterday. My sister and BIL Skyped with older son to tell him that she is coming over for the wedding. I'd talked to them earlier and so I was really hyped up waiting to hear what his reaction was and then to share his excitement with him. He was blown away by the fact that his Aunt will be here for the wedding as he didn't expect it at all so of course there were lots of tears of happiness and many Skype calls back and forth between my sister and I, older son and I and of course with my Mom. It is just such a special thing for my family that my sister will be here for older son's wedding and that we will get to see her again after 10 whole years. We're a pretty emotional bunch and very close, so you can imagine the degree of happiness that all of this has given us. And my sister hasn't even gotten here yet.:H:H

Today started off with our usual morning walk with Freddie up our little country road and then we went to our favourite shopping complex with Mr. Stirly and had coffee at our favourite place. It was a gorgeous day with the bluest of skies and a bit of a cool breeze. Perfect convertible weather. Lunch was Stirly's double-cheese and bacon burgers and then I went grocery shopping, which I actually enjoy. And now I'm in the barracks but won't be for much longer as there is a good comedy show that starts in just over 10 minutes and I'll be off to watch it.

I really hope that medication helps you sleep, Reccie. Not being able to sleep well really sucks. I've had my fair share of lying awake for hours hoping that I will fall asleep soon, only to sleep for an hour or two at the most, and wake up to lay there again thinking that surely I'll go back to sleep soon. It really does suck and I understand you totally.

JC - about time you showed up.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

stirly-girly;1381548 wrote: It was up to 1.82 at the cheaper gas station - that's for the regular unleaded, not the super unleaded. Just this past week it went down to 1.77.

Nice car! I think your petrol prices are even more outrageous than ours.

stirly-girly;1381550 wrote:
        Hiya Reccie-bear!!

Well so far it's going well. I had a rather emotional afternoon yesterday. My sister and BIL Skyped with older son to tell him that she is coming over for the wedding. I'd talked to them earlier and so I was really hyped up waiting to hear what his reaction was and then to share his excitement with him. He was blown away by the fact that his Aunt will be here for the wedding as he didn't expect it at all so of course there were lots of tears of happiness and many Skype calls back and forth between my sister and I, older son and I and of course with my Mom. It is just such a special thing for my family that my sister will be here for older son's wedding and that we will get to see her again after 10 whole years. We're a pretty emotional bunch and very close, so you can imagine the degree of happiness that all of this has given us. And my sister hasn't even gotten here yet.:H:H

Today started off with our usual morning walk with Freddie up our little country road and then we went to our favourite shopping complex with Mr. Stirly and had coffee at our favourite place. It was a gorgeous day with the bluest of skies and a bit of a cool breeze. Perfect convertible weather. Lunch was Stirly's double-cheese and bacon burgers and then I went grocery shopping, which I actually enjoy. And now I'm in the barracks but won't be for much longer as there is a good comedy show that starts in just over 10 minutes and I'll be off to watch it.
        Glad you're having a good weekend. Hope you enjoy your comedy show!

Comment

Now then there's method in the madness of throwing out the first drink, or second drink as you taper. Took me a while to catch on.

Well of course by the last glass I couldn't have given a flying fuck how much I'd have to drink and had a good auld moan at me keyworker. He was the one that suggested doing it before I started. Simples.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1381559 wrote: OK --- I achully TOTALLY get that!! I'da hated pouring it down the sink tho Fabulous car Stirls - no wonder you can't let it go. Hiya Jacks wot you been up to?
            It's gorgeous isn't it?:h Reminds me of me. All sleek and sporty

That pouring it down the sink didn't last long that's why I had to be de-toxed.

Have to say apart from the weekly shop I have done SFA.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening guys, feeling much better now, the cold seems to have dissapeared for now, thank god
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

howyiz. Bit of life in the barracks at last I see :goodjob:

Comment

Recluse;1381552 wrote: Nice car! I think your petrol prices are even more outrageous than ours.
                  Glad you're having a good weekend. Hope you enjoy your comedy show!Commercial break.

Thanks Reccie - I really do enjoy driving "Beba". She has a black hard-top for the winter months and is quite fetching with it on. And yes, the weekend is going well so far. And I really hope that the petrol prices drop because there are so many people that the high price of gasoline and heating fuel have really brought them to their knees.

JackieClaire;1381553 wrote: Now then there's method in the madness of throwing out the first drink, or second drink as you taper. Took me a while to catch on.

Well of course by the last glass I couldn't have given a flying fuck how much I'd have to drink and had a good auld moan at me keyworker. He was the one that suggested doing it before I started. Simples.
                  Yep, you make a good point, JackieClaire.
                  mollyka;1381559 wrote:
                  OK --- I achully TOTALLY get that!! I'da hated pouring it down the sink tho Fabulous car Stirls - no wonder you can't let it go. Hiya Jacks wot you been up to?
                  Agree with you Mollers to what Jackie said.

Yes, my little car is a looker but it is also a great car to drive.

Commercial break almost over so I'll wish you all....

and

Tomorrowz......
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hewwo there yous twos.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

DID U GET ME TEXT J.C?
                      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

littlepinkcat;1381570 wrote: DID U GET ME TEXT J.C?
                        YES I DID. But didn't find it until later when I found me phone down the back of the settee. You'd already posted by then.

Nighty Night Stirls.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

no bother, im off to watch Xfactor, see what its like at boot camp
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

:hallo:

Had a lovely lunch. Stuffed mushrooms to start. Then salmon with new potatoes & asparagus. Cheese & preserves with crackers for afters. Then coffee with choccies & turkish delight. Followed by a mega nanna nap.

***burp***
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

That sounds utterly delish.

Duck pancakes and a extra large pizza tonight. Our diet has gorn right to pot.

Ooh I am having a bake-athon on Thursday. We're having one of these at work and Mr JC's having one at his office. Fabulous organisation.

World's Biggest Coffee Morning - cancer charity coffee morning event - Macmillan Cancer Support
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Red velvet cake?

Haven't had duck pancakes. What's it flavoured with?
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X