SUPER SUNDAY SHOUT OUTS 23TH SEPTEMBER 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll up, roll up, roll up. It's that day of the week again where we give ourselves a pat on the back.................. It's the SUPER SOBER SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

If you've never posted on this thread before don't be shy and give it a try. So whether this is your first day or your thousandth day. Let's hear you loud and clear.

I can well remember my very first shout out and I was a whole 5 days AF. I was just soooooooooooo proud of myself and here I am still posting at 3 years, 2 months, 16 days and still proud.

We saw a lot of new faces last week so let's see some more today.

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

About time

Mick was looking for you on the Army Thread earlier.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Day 2 - bit pathetic I know !!!

Happy Sunday everyone :-)))
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1381795 wrote: Day 2 - bit pathetic I know !!!

Happy Sunday everyone :-)))
        Don't be a daftie, blooming well done on day 2. Keeping it going, Quest.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Sunday everybody !

Day 23 now ----- so excited about my 30 days coming up!!

Awesome fun weekend with my first social event with alcohol served and it was cool!

Comment

11 weeks and counting.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

59 days sober. Looking gooooood G man! hehe.

Great stuff everyone! :goodjob:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi All,

A lovely sober Sunday for me too.

Well done one and all.

with love Flossie xx
                Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Day 12 for me and I feel FANTASTIC xxxxxx
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

sober Sunday for this bear!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sunday Sober

Aren't weekend mornings the best in sobriety?!? No sleeping away the day, feeling like hammered shit.
                      It's nice to joint the real world and live every moment of every day instead of having a lot of them taken away by alcohol. Taken away? Or given up? Either way it is nice.

A glorious morning in NC. Off to hike around a lake and enjoy the woods.

Happy Sunday to all

Comment

I shall like to partake of this Sober Sunday as well
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

894 days
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quest for the key;1381795 wrote: Day 2 - bit pathetic I know !!!

We're ALL somebody's hero:

To: ALL
                            Greetings everyone! I just wanted to tell you about the wonderful evening I had last night....
                            I was out with some friends & was introduced to a couple of new people.... both of them had over 10 years of sobriety!!!
                            It was the most enjoyable evening...we talked for hours about how our recoveries have enriched our lives beyond our wildest dreams.... I am in such awe of their accomplishments... they inspired me to new heights!!!

To: OneYearAndBeyond
                            Thank you so much for posting this! I never thought I would make it this far, and I must admit, there are some days that I still struggle.... but, when I read stories like yours, it makes me realize that there are still so many rewards for me to yet experience..... thank you for making my day!

To: SeveralMonthsUnderMy Belt
                            Wow! How great it must feel to be AF for so many months! Last week I just felt it in my heart that I couldn't go on drinking like I have been... it's gotten to the point where I can see it's ruining everything that is good in my life. It's been a tough week, especially the weekend...but I did it! Tomorrow begins week 2...I feel so good about this, I keep telling myself that if I can do 1 week...I can do two! Wish me luck guys!

To:OneWeekToday
                            I can only imagine what it must feel like to be quit for a week.... you sound so positive about quitting.... I want to feel like that too. I drank my last drink yesterday.... I feel scared, but I feel empowered too.... does that make any sense??? I can't wait to reach my one week of sobriety.... I've never made it that long before. I would be honored if you could be here that day.... not only will it be a day to celebrate 1 week of sobriety for me, but it will be a day to celebrate you...you're the one that inspired me to do this. Thank you!

To: 24Hours39Minutes7Seconds
                            This is my first post.... I've been reading for several weeks all of the members stories, but I've never had the nerve to post.
                            There was something about your story that resonated my own... I read it over & over.... tears rolling down my face....I've been crying for the past 2 hours, it feels good to cry...I haven't allowed myself to do that in years. What you said is so true, I never thought of it that way, maybe looking at it from that perspective is what I need to do.
                            BTW, just over an hour ago, I poured the last of my wine down the drain....I really don't know if I can do this, but I'm going to give it a try....
                            you are my hero.

Taking another sip, the reader leans back in their chair, mulling over what they just read. Setting their drink down, they lean forward... and bookmark the page.

5 years 2 months sober for me!
                            AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Hey Molly

So happy to see that you are approaching a year! I hope for that milestone.
                              I think that would just be wonderful

Comment

Working...
                              X