Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confidentiality and AA

:new:

I'm currently at a long term treatment facility for drinking. It's a very nice program and I have benefited from being here in many ways. My question is that we attend AA meetings outside of the facility also and have to fill out a journal with the date, time and where which I have no problem with at all. We also have to say what the topic was which is also no problem. My problem is that I have to write a summary of what "I" talk about at the meetings, then turn this in to my caseworker for review. I don't feel comfortable at all discussing what I say at an AA meeting with my caseworker who BTW is not my therapist. Is this something they can do?

Confidentiality and AA

Hi Shano64 - I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say welcome to MWO.

We do have an ongoing thread here for those who are involved in AA - https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...1-a-68211.html

Perhaps someone there can answer your question?

Or - maybe this is more specifically aimed at whether or not your treatment facility is able to ask ths of you...maybe if you title a thread "Question about Long Term Treatment Facility"? Or something along those line? That may attract people who have been in treatment who might be able to answer.

I'm sorry I'm of no help!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Confidentiality and AA

I'm sure what stays in a meeting stays in a meeting, incidentally, i only ever went to one AA meeting, it was a strange experience

Comment

Confidentiality and AA

Shano64;1382258 wrote: :new:

I'm currently at a long term treatment facility for drinking. It's a very nice program and I have benefited from being here in many ways. My question is that we attend AA meetings outside of the facility also and have to fill out a journal with the date, time and where which I have no problem with at all. We also have to say what the topic was which is also no problem. My problem is that I have to write a summary of what "I" talk about at the meetings, then turn this in to my caseworker for review. I don't feel comfortable at all discussing what I say at an AA meeting with my caseworker who BTW is not my therapist. Is this something they can do?

I go to AA,,,, but i notice you said 'I' talk about at meetings. If you dont feel comfortable talking to your caseworker what you disscused at AA meetings let them know. Me i cant see what the problem is talking to your caseworker about what you talk about in AA. Maybe they want to learn more about AA. I have had a keyworker in the past, is that the same as a caseworker? if i were you i would ask them why they want to know !
        Hope i help you and good luck. x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Confidentiality and AA

I've been to one meeting so far and that was the deal. No last names and what is said in a meeting does not leave the room. It is completely confidential to those in the room. It is a strange experience
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Confidentiality and AA

It's supposed to be all anon. I would tell your caseworker just very general things. We discussed the disease.

Here's an interesting one. I heard of meetings where the police put plants in the meetings to catch folks admitting to crimes they had done. Nice, huh?

Comment

Working...
            X