Army Thread Wednesday 26th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama bear;1383120 wrote: Satz..I am deadly jealous like Tipps... I just peeked at your video....
    :upset::upset::upset:
    Wish I could bring you all with me :l- imagine the fun we'd have ??

Comment

anon;1383093 wrote: How did you get it to work last time? You seemed so much more content then.
      Do you feel that drinking is the solution to your sleeping problems?
      I tapered down last time, the same way that I'm trying to taper down now, whizzy. And yes, one of the main reasons I drink now is to get to sleep.

Comment

And over on that thead - they thought we were all ex Army people - so never joined in !! :H:H

Comment

And last thing before I go

Preaching from behind the :sofa:
          Alcohol strips magnesium from the body,And magnesium is important for muscle and nerve health. It is absorbed through the skin but in an epsom salt bath the level is so high that we overdose and it causes diarrhea. So don't take baths too concentrated cos diarrhea causes more magnesium loss. Stress also cause magnesium loss and alcoholics suffer a double whammy cos they are already depleted - then quitting alcohol stresses them more.

Epsom salt baths once weekly are beneficial , but not too strong

Mag is also really healthy for cardio function and most of us don't get enough in our diets so it's one of the few supplements we should take. it helps relax and get to sleep at night also. take 800mg per day, but go slow at first as you can get the runs if you're not used to it.

Comment

OK my work here is done : I have suitably bored the ants::grannypantsff everyone

BYE :wavin:

Comment

satz123;1383137 wrote: OK my work here is done : I have suitably bored the ants::grannypantsff everyone

BYE :wavin:
              Ah don't go:new:
              Having a mega thunderstorm here.

Comment

Evening all.

What thread. Where thread.

Nearest thing I've been to a uniform is me Brownie one.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hallo: Troopers!!!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Crikey falls off chair at the lack of multi quote................gets back on chair.

Hewwo Stirls.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1383153 wrote: Crikey falls off chair at the lack of multi quote................gets back on chair.

Hewwo Stirls.
                      :H I thought that would get your attention.!! How was your day at work?

Reccie - best of luck on the tapering down. I know it's not easy but you know it can be done. Hope you will get something to help you sleep.

Mrs. A - that is so sweet of Mr. A to ride along with you. I can't believe you managed three whole miles on your first run. Amazing!!

Satz, I'm sure the weather will be wonderful for your holiday.

Tipster - best of luck with the cubs tonight. I hope you don't still have to help them study.

Molly, I hope your day went better than you expected.

Pinky - great news on the new kitchen and bathroom. Fantastic!!

Mama - good to see you in the barracks. Give em hell at work!!

And :wavin: to any other Troopers who might be eeky: Zenners, KTABs, Foxy, Pingu, Mario-man and Spuds. And to anyone who's name I might have forgotten.

Reggie has posted a really funny video on the Laughter thread. It gave me a good chuckle...

It is still 27C at after 8 p.m. :toohot: Please someone, send us some rain.

Comment

Uh ho going on a girls meal out tonight and someone's picking me up. Dunno why but suddenly I feel weird. My I'm driving excuse doesn't work tonight. I mean they know I don't drink but I've always driven then there's no choice

Bugger
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

There yer are Pingu.:l When you don't drink tonight they'll know you mean business about this AFness.

Came home early today. Absolutely nuffing to do after the first hour so the boss decided to stare at the reception walls for a bit instead of me and I came home.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Arvo/evenink all!

Looks like I need to get me some epsom salt. In fact, I'm going to collect same on the way to the gym. I need ALL the help I can get in the sleep dept. At the moment I'm on one night of sleep, one sleepless night... and repeat. (

(I already take magnesium Satz... maybe I should up my dose.)

They opened a new farmers market... going to call in there too. Gym procrastination at it's finest!

Will check in to see if anyone's about when I get back...

Comment

Hiya and Biya Zennifer.

Slept a whole 10 hours last night. Can't remember sleeping that long for years.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Zennie-butt and Pingu-pants.

Just back from Skyping with my sister. I seems there is to be a mini family reunion for the wedding. My other sister's younger son, who is going to uni in England, wants to come to the wedding as well. Mind you he lives in Ontario, not too far from my sister who's coming for the wedding and he hasn't gone to visit her for at least 5 years. Oh well, I guess Athens is a good place to catch up with relatives.

Good for you on getting such a good night's sleep Jackie.

Gotta go walk the dogger...

Comment

Working...
                                X