Army Thread Thursday 27th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me to FECK off Pinks but have you ever thought of meditation. I don't really do it but try bits and pieces here & there. There is something liberating in just sitting and looking at what is annoying you and saying its not that bad and looking for next level up good feeling. And move upwards in small steps till you feel a bit better each time. Try it! NOTHING in our lives is worth feeling bad for. It all passes.

Comment

yeah satz, I often do meditation
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

i have a chemical unbalance in my brain that they alter using meds, sometimes the levels mess up a bit thats all
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Sorry I know I'm simplistic but hate to see anyone as bubbly as you feeing sad and down :l

Comment

Does talking about how you feel help Pinky?
            What do you usually do to help lift your mood?

Satz I watched lots of videos of Assos looks lovely. I have been there have you got a plan of action re drinking?? Holidays in the sun can be hard:l

Enjoy your quiet day in the library Molly.

MRSA is a deadly name as Oney would say:H

Comment

anon;1383425 wrote: Does talking about how you feel help Pinky?
              What do you usually do to help lift your mood?

Satz I watched lots of videos of Assos looks lovely. I have been there have you got a plan of action re drinking?? Holidays in the sun can be hard:l

Enjoy your quiet day in the library Molly.

MRSA is a deadly name as Oney would say:H
              :H Doh ! And I've only just copped it this morning. Thick as 2 short planks

Comment

Ok have to go !

Comment

Taking a bit of a break from work. While things are a bit slow in the store, there have been quite a few phone calls so that is good.

expat3;1383404 wrote: Good morning Tips, KTAB, Stirly and everyone else to come:
                  Crazy busy since the start of schoo! Now that my daughter's dad has moved to London , I am totally alone with BOTH kids and no family here to help. Even the ex-in-laws are in the South of France. Loads of work and the new boyfriend have kept me running.
                  But like KTAB-I'm looking at the positives!:goodjob: Just a bit knackered.
                  I'll try to check in more often once things calm down a bit (Please God!) I miss you lads.Good to see you ExPatty!! We miss you, too but glad to hear you have been absent for good reasons.
                  mollyka;1383405 wrote: Moooooorrnin Army --- just fell out of the bed - Just as well you is all the way over in Saffaland MrT - you'd get a good clout round the head otherwise
                  Hey Tabs, earlyStirly:wow: and GREAT to see you Patty - busy I understand - a tad overwhelmed with busyness myself at the mo. just dip in when you can tho hon. cos we is missing you
                  Really must away to get coffee into me - hopefully check in afore I leave!!Hiya Mollers!!! Hope you have a better day today than yesterday....
                  satz123;1383406 wrote: Mornin from sick penguin here.
                  BUT .... Off today :yay:
                  Greece = 1 sleep inkele:
                  Wow, you must be getting really excited. At least this time you won't have to deal with the fricken ferry boats to and from Killini. 30C in Athens at the moment. Will be up to 32C by mid-afternoon. Around 30C at the moment on the island of Kefallonia. Forecast is for partly cloudy skies the next few days except for tomorrow which is calling for sun.
                  anon;1383408 wrote:
                  Good morning all.
                  Sciatica trying to sneak back this morning. Boo Hoo
                  Mrs. A, after taking a quick look to see what it says about sciatica and found this. Quite interesting, I must say. Besides the fish oils, sesame seed oil - cold pressed - is said to help as well.

Sciatica Remedies

littlepinkcat;1383410 wrote:
                  ive been a bit down and stressed lately, me head is battered, hence the short and sweet posts, just thought id share as pretending im ok isnt any good for me and not supposed to be what i'm doing on my AA programme
                  Aw, Pinky - good for you on sharing that. I hope your medication kicks in and that you feel better soon. At least you know what you're dealing with and can ride it out. Stay close to the boards whenever you need to. Always someone about with a :l at least.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning Tippers, KTabbers, Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly, Expatty, Satzuma, Mollers, Our Whizzy, Pinkeroo

Late this morning because I decided to make the spaghetti bolognese before I logged in.

Aww Pinks. Owt I can do to help, just give us a shout.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh thank you Stirly!
                      Pain not as bad as last week It was probably my little run that started it off again.
                      Sitting on a fit/swiss ball really helps.
                      Greece/Athens in the news every day here. I hope you are OK.

Comment

JackieClaire;1383430 wrote: Good morning Tippers, KTabbers, Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly, Expatty, Satzuma, Mollers, Our Whizzy, Pinkeroo

Late this morning because I decided to make the spaghetti bolognese before I logged in.

Aww Pinks. Owt I can do to help, just give us a shout.
                        Xpost yet again JC Just about to shift myself and make some Peppers with Anchovies Tomatoes and Garic a la Delia Smith.
                        Spag Bol sounds nice Jackie:goodjob:

Comment

I :h Delia.

Thought I'd get it out of the way before I start on me bakethon.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1383430 wrote: Good morning Tippers, KTabbers, Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly, Expatty, Satzuma, Mollers, Our Whizzy, Pinkeroo

Aww Pinks. Owt I can do to help, just give us a shout.:wavin: JackieClaire. What will you be baking then? If I can help, let me know - there's a lovely pastry shop right next door and a bakery across the road. Marble cake, lemon pie, cupcakes? They even have a cake that looks like a slice of watermelon.
                            anon;1383432 wrote:
                            Oh thank you Stirly!
                            Pain not as bad as last week It was probably my little run that started it off again.
                            Sitting on a fit/swiss ball really helps.
                            Greece/Athens in the news every day here. I hope you are OK.
                            We're fine thanks, Mrs. A but the economy is really pulling us down I'm sorry to say. And then there are the goings on in the centre of the city. I don't watch the news cause it's too depressing so I'm doing the ostrich act at the moment and trying to ignore it all.

Why don't you give that candied ginger or regular ginger a try. Can't hurt anything. I've been taking sesame seed oil for a couple of weeks now to help with my hip that hurts due to the hernias in my lower spine and I've gotten some relief with it. It's supposed to be really good for you for other things as well - hair and nails, joints, etc.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

mollyka;1383504 wrote: Jaysus where are u al
                              Wanted te tell ye bout me new earrings
                              I am here tell me about your earings? I am just going to make a cuppa first

Comment

mollyka;1383512 wrote: Bestest fake diamonds ever! Need to look posh for de christening - no ond'd think they're fake on an oul one yeah??) how u feeling today? Didya get over ur drinkin crisis - shit that came out wrong - ur 'wanting to' drink crisis? :-)
                                That took longer than I expected.:H Diamonds hey, What date is the christening??

Drinking crisis over yet again

I limped into town and bought myself a black dress with long sleeves it looks proper dressed up.
                                I got my number through for the London marathon next April so I had better get fit again at least is something to aim for and keeping sober is a major factor for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X