Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax or not?

Hi Everyone!

I'm new with a question. Did you take medications to stop? If so, why? If not, why not?

I have the supplements and hypno-tapes but the longest I seem to be able to go AF is 4 days and I have been trying to get this under control since last February.

I have ordered Topamax but am scared to take it. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroid/Vitamin D deficiency. I double checked to make sure there would be no drug interactions; however, I'm just now starting to feel better and don't want to feel bad again.

Thoughts?

Topamax or not?

Hi Winning!
    I don't know much about Topa but you could try it and keep a close eye on how it is affecting you.
    If you have problems then taper off. Not sure about the thyroid but definitely start taking a supplement for D.
    I don't see any interactions on Topa with thyroid online and even with synthroid if you are taking that.

Me, I use baclofen. Works for me.

Comment

Topamax or not?

Hi Winning and welcome!

I have only used supplements. My main reason for not trying the drugs is that I did not want to talk to a doctor to get a prescription, and with my other health issues I did not feel it would be wise to take them without medical supervision. That's not to say that I think it's a bad idea in general, just for me. Also obtaining the drugs off-prescription can be expensive and that would have been an issue if I decided I needed them long-term.

I've found L-glutamine to be the most helpful supplement I've tried. It really works for the cravings. There is at least one good thread on l-glut in the Holistic Healing section. The powder form is great, and you can take quite a bit safely.

Good luck!
      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
      X