Back, and on Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back, and on Naltrexone

Greetings ... I'm an old member from way back, and I am back.

I started taking Naltrexone last week, and my consumption has dropped quite a bit. I have looked for Naltrexone threads but get so confused by all the info ... should I do TSM or not? etc. etc.

I'm at a very low point in my life .. have just lost my job and insurance ... I did visit a doc before the insurance ended and although I haven't necessarily done permanent damage, I really, really need to quit or cut way back, for my health. My kitty, only 6, just died too and I'm devastated. I live alone and was way too attached to the little guy. Profoundly depressed, and that's probably not a good time to try to tackle AL, but there never really is a good time, is there.

I found a lot of comfort here in the past. Thanks for listening.
    :l
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Back, and on Naltrexone

good to see you bud

hang on in there

youre worth it

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

Dexter,

Glad the Naltrexone seems to be helping. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. All the best to you.

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

I'm sorry Dex!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

Hi Dexter, how do you plan on getting the Nal after your insurance? Sorry to be a bummer, just curious.
          I think it's pricey online but I could be wrong.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hang in there.

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

Thanks all for your kind words. Lostsole, it is damned expensive. There are some programs for discount meds for people without insurance; one is called Rx Outreach but it doesn't seem to cover Nal. A Walgreen's Rx card will knock the price from $127 to $84. Still sucks, but ...
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

Geez, how many pills is that?
              I found another source online that's about $49 for 30 but it's $25 for shipping. If you got enough it might be worth it?

Comment

Back, and on Naltrexone

Hi there Dexter.

I love animals and I am really sorry to hear that you lost your little buddy. S

Some people take medicine to help them quit, however, I believe that it is more a psychological battle than a physical one. So if you can’t afford to spend that money I would try to do it on your own.

I really want to talk about depression and alcohol. It is a drinkers excuse that “I am going through a rough patch and it’s not the best time to quit right now”. It is the complete opposite. I am not being optimistic I am being truthful. Alcohol lowers your self esteem and destroys your confidence. Adds anxiety and damages your health.

All you have to get through is the first week and the first 30 days. First seven days are the toughest, it is going to be hard but it is only 7 days. After that you should feel more capable of controlling your urges, all the way to your 30 day prize. I promise you that once you get there, your depression will be under control. Your body has natural defences to deal with anything, however, alcohol acts like rust and weakens your body’s natural fighting mechanism.

Most of us have been dependent on alcohol for so long that we don’t even remember how to live without it. It is scary but so worthwhile.

Dexter, you will find a lot of helpful people here and I recommend you to read and post on the newbies nest. It’s a popular thread and people there are very quick to answer your questions. The link is below.

If you have anything to discuss, feel free to PM me.

Newbies Nest

BTW is that Ray William Johnsons cat?

ALLAN
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                X