Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 29th September

Good morning Troopers.

Its been a while, I know, but I thought I would drop in and see how you all are?

I have been busy with work and trying to negotiate this thing called life At the moment I seem to be winning, so long may it continue. Sometimes I feel its a constant battle to keep the depression demon at bay but I guess thats the same for all of us?

Anyway on a positive front, I was taken to Spain last weekend on a works jolly whcih was very nice and much appreciated. And also it was my 25th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Mr Starts sent me an amazing bunch of flowers to my workplace which absolutely knocked me for 6! Ths is the 2nd time in about 30 years that he has bought me flowers :H
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Starty :l:l:l. Good to see you.

Happy anniversary!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya Tiggs! Hows it going? How are your mum and dad situation?

Comment

startingover;1384492 wrote: Hiya Tiggs! Hows it going? How are your mum and dad situation?
        Mum is coming back later today, Starts. Their house has been sold and she went back to pack her stuff and wrap up her old life, so things are moving. It's still difficult, but I think she can see light at the end of the tunnel. We're in the process of getting building approval for a granny flat so that she can stay with us. When the time comes, she should have enough money so that we can get her a fulltime carer if needed.

Other than that life goes on - Mrs. T and the cubs are all well.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning you two and all to come

Good to see you starty.

Not stopping...must away to the supermarket.

Comment

That is quite something isnt it? That she has the courage to start again.
            You must be full of mixed emotions about it all I would imagine.....

Has it had any impact on your sobriety or feelings around it?

Comment

Hiya Recciebear !!

Comment

Hi & bye Reccie

Nah, Starts - despite all the emotional drama, I've not had issues around sobriety. In fact, Mum is also AF now. Not that she was ever a drinker of note, I must add :H

I think I've started to come to terms with the idea of having her living here. We're communicating more openly than we did in years, which helps. And Mrs. T has been incredibly supportive. The cubs can be challenge - they sometimes feel put out by having her here. It should be better once Mum has her own space.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Starters, Tippers, Reccybear.

How luvverly to see you, Starts. Happy Anniversary.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Gooooooooooooood morning, JC

What's on the agenda for today? I'm having a slow start myself - still sitting in bed and have had 2 cups of coffee so far.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mr JC's on duty so basically watching him fidget until he gets a call.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning STARTY!:l, Tips, Reccie, JC and everyone else to come
                        Lovely slightly chilly but sunny morning here.
                        Got home a bit late last night after dropping the daughter off at Gare de Nord-she took the Eurostar to go see her dad for the weekend in London. The little one and I got home knackered! So having a lazy morning at home before heading out for the day.

Comment

Morning Expatty,

Bit nippy here as well.

Now are you going to tell all about this new BF and I mean all.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning JC:l
                            Well, he's French too-it's not the gorgeous lad from Newcastle :upset:.
                            He has a son in my son's class at school. His son is a total brat so it's making things difficult. Don't really know if it's going to work out, to be honest. Everytime we go over to their house the boy screams at my son "don't go into my room, don't touch my toys etc"-and then the other night he was angry because my son was talking to "his" dad. These are 8 yr olds so I know it's difficult for them but the boy punched my son and gave him a bloody nose. I was so furious I wanted to smack the kid! We ended up going home and the evening was ruined. I don't see how we can continue with his little monster child in the picture. And I don't think the father is handling things properly at all.
                            It's too bad because the father and I get along great but as we are both single parents-the boys are part of the deal.

Comment

expat3;1384545 wrote: Morning JC:l
                              Well, he's French too-it's not the gorgeous lad from Newcastle :upset:.
                              He has a son in my son's class at school. His son is a total brat so it's making things difficult. Don't really know if it's going to work out, to be honest. Everytime we go over to their house the boy screams at my son "don't go into my room, don't touch my toys etc"-and then the other night he was angry because my son was talking to "his" dad. These are 8 yr olds so I know it's difficult for them but the boy punched my son and gave him a bloody nose. I was so furious I wanted to smack the kid! We ended up going home and the evening was ruined. I don't see how we can continue with his little monster child in the picture. And I don't think the father is handling things properly at all.
                              It's too bad because the father and I get along great but as we are both single parents-the boys are part of the deal.
                              It must be very hard to navigate, Expattie :l
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X