Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Years so far!

Hi.

I wanted to come back (and toot my own horn). I have about 2 years sober (sometime in the next week or so).

I also wanted to say that this is my 3rd serious try. The first two lasted about 4 months each and then I thought I was smarter than alcohol and tried moderating again. On this third time I have decided to never go back or even attempt to mod.

Anyway, I thought I would post so that others understand that there is now shame in trying and failing. Come back to MWO as many times as it takes! It is a great forum with some great advice.

For myself quitting AL has been one of the best things to happen to me in my life (both personally and professionally). Since quitting, I have lost 100 pounds!, reversed some potentially serious health issues, and become a much better/nicer person. Not to wax on, but I have found an inner peace that I didn't think I ever could.

I think I used alcohol to numb life. Make no mistake, alcohol is a drug just like cocaine, meth, tobacco, etc... in the end it is stronger than any of us.

Anyway, good luck to all and keep coming back and trying!!

Regards.

2 Years so far!

Wonderful

Comment

2 Years so far!

Wonderful news and congrats on the soon to be 2 years! I am at 16 months and I lost quits in the past because I thought I could control my drinking aka getting drunk/wasted 1 night a week every 2-3 weeks and then a few beers here and there.

Glad to have those days gone.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

2 Years so far!

Thanks mohun, for remembering those of us who now are where you once where, so many people forget so soon :goodjob:

Comment

2 Years so far!

Thanks Mohun, nice to read something so uplifting.

Comment

2 Years so far!

Congratulations Mohun!

That is sensational. Great to see you and keep it going.

Bravo! G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

2 Years so far!

Congratulations Mohun!! Well done!

Comment

2 Years so far!

Thanks everyone.

I just want to make sure that people keep coming back here. If you have tried before, don't be afraid to come back and try again.

It's important to have others around for support!

Comment

2 Years so far!

Thank you Mohan for coming back and sharing your story. As Paula said, good to hear a real positive story. Gives the likes of me hope.
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

2 Years so far!

Great job! I'm right behind you at 20 months! I'm so glad that things are working out for you and that AL is OUT of the picture. Well done! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

2 Years so far!

Awesome!!!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

2 Years so far!

Very encouraging for all of us! Congratulations!!
                        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

2 Years so far!

Congratulations on 2 years, Mohun!

I'm so happy for you and wish you much continued success!

Sheri
                          AF since 3/16/09
                          NF since 3/20/07

Comment

2 Years so far!

This is lovely to hear. Well done.

Sometimes when you are new here you lose sight of the fact that many, many people come and get sober and may only visit occasionally.

It is a big boost when they do cos it makes it seem more doable somehow

KY

Comment

2 Years so far!

Thanks for sharing that with us! You give us hope. I believe MWO is a place that really works for many people from all over the world. The successful stories, like yours, are much appreciated and needed! Enjoy this special milestone in it's fullest!

Comment

Working...
                              X