a step beyond..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a step beyond..

This whole place is metamorphising into something really unpleasant..

Once the whole vibe is about giving up/ trying to/ moderating/ just learning about drinking ... then I'll be back.. Mostly it has been and I know it will be again

stay strong all

Patrice

a step beyond..

Hi Patrice,

Times like this can be perfect for a read of many of the excellent older threads on a variety of subjects. Things will settle down soon enough as usual.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

a step beyond..

Dear Patrice,

Sorry to see you go but all I want to say is I have been on this
      site for an age and once in a while we have blow ups and it all
      gets horrid but it does clear itself and it does calm down and we
      return to being a happy family so please come back soon.

with love Flossie x
      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

a step beyond..

I find this interesting I know this a support group for people that perceive themselves to have a drinking problem I haven't been here long and usually lurk, but are problem drinkers one dimensional? Should they talk of nothing else?. I also notice Roberta Jewel made various areas on this board available for people that want to distract themselves from obsessive drinking thoughts like funny jokes music and religion views. I think that was a smart move . I like the so called social threads they make this a place of human behaviour with its various trials and tribulations. The freindly banter not about alcohol helps me personaly as I am very isolated and need to see and hear real people think and are going through. isolation for a problem drinker is a killer. I think this sight is great. I have been to a few hard core AA type talk about nothing else boards and find them quite restricting. I find this place with threads where you can post about a book you are reading ect so good.

Any way sorry for the long post just wanted to say I find nothing wrong with the board ..its like lotsa boards things get testy , people misinterpret others and we all project feelings on things that are not necessarily there!
        we are multi dimensional even as addicts or problem drinkers. I think this is a great palce IMO

Comment

a step beyond..

Patrice, it won't be long before this site returns to what it original intentions were, for the support of anybody with alcohol problems. Please don't leave we need friendly, kind folks like you.

Comment

a step beyond..

Hi Living, yes it's good to have lots of opinions and topics on here. I think the problem is when people are targeted, and accused of things without proof, we are basically a support group. Yes we can argue and debate but it should be done with respect. Just because I don't agree with someone should not make me a bully.

Comment

a step beyond..

I agree Paula.. respect for self, respect for others..

Comment

a step beyond..

Most conflicts on this level result from a lack of consideration on one side, and tolerance on the other. It is also important to wear a tough rhino skin, so comments can bounce off easily. Given that there is no tone in this written format, it is more difficult to interpret the full meaning of comments posted.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

a step beyond..

I agree with Sun. I think for future times, if someone has a mod question, then they should post it in the moderation section. That can save the heart ache. Most people here are trying to quit, and although I am an abstancee myself, I do have an open mind and will help modderators as well.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

a step beyond..

patrice;1384987 wrote: This whole place is metamorphising into something really unpleasant..

Once the whole vibe is about giving up/ trying to/ moderating/ just learning about drinking ... then I'll be back.. Mostly it has been and I know it will be again

stay strong all

Patrice
                    Hi Patrice Only just seen this thread. I felt exactly the same as you and got quite sad about the whole thing. Thought too I wouldn't bother coming back for a bit. I slept on it and decided to just ignore the bad bits. This site has been life changing for me so just going to focus on that. I hope you'll stick around :l
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                    X