UNDEROOS - Rocktober - Yeah baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This had to be the highlight shot of my trip. Now if only both of them had turned their heads towards the camera…...

Comment

Like that……

If only I'd had a tripod so the shot was in focus, I'd be thinking about entering that in a competition.

Comment

From here the pictures are a bit jumbled till we get to Lake Victoria, but they’re all in the general Masai Mara area.

A flash lodge where we nipped in for a toilet break.

Masai warrior with the Teddies.

The border between Tanz and Kenya

Comment

The Mara river. One of the great migration crossing places….

And some that never made it across

Comment

Now I'm rooly out of sequence, but who cares. Raggsy speed shopping . ...

Comment

So the first part of our trip is coming to an end….

Heading back to Narok, Frank, Marilyn, Mr Rags, me and 3 others are dropped at the hotel while the rest travel back to Nairobi to finish their tour and Chris brings back some more people to continue the next phase of the trip.
              View of Narok from the balcony of the hotel. We were about 1.5 km from the main part of town but because of my foot we had to get taxis.

I bet Mr G. is going to ask me her name. She very badly stubbed her toe and because Mr Rags is a dentist, she figured he knew about germs and infection so she asked him to tend her wound. Another reason I wear covered shoes.

Comment

The view from the back of the hotel. Remember this view for when I show you the view from one of the hotels in Vietnam… even worse than the view from the motel in Bishop Ca.

We asked Chris before he left where was a good place in town to eat. He recommended Kims Dishes. So we all taxied down there for lunch.
                In a place where food is a little bit scarce food this was a pretty good feed.

Undies, let me know if you’re getting bored yet and I’ll speed things up a bit. ie show a lot less piccies. But wait till after you see the leopard shots….

Marilyn and I decided to hang around on the main corner for a while and watch the world go by. The crash barrier had been conveniently flattened out and made a comfy seat which the locals use.

Comment

Narok, near Kims.

This isn't Narok. I took it to show part of the problem plastic bags create.

I'd have loved to knock on the door and enquire about the nature of the business....

This is Narok at the corner where I'm sitting

Comment

The next day the new group arrives and we set off. First a roadside lunch to let the newcomers settle into the swing of things.

There are Euc and silky oak plantations all over the place.

Local bike wash centre

After stopping off at another craft centre where everything is made by hand…. Check out the soapstone chess set. Pity I don’t play chess.

Comment

The next day the new group arrives and we set off. First a roadside lunch to let the newcomers settle into the swing of things.

There are Euc and silky oak plantations all over the place.

Local bike wash centre

Comment

After stopping off at another craft centre where everything is made by hand…. Check out the soapstone chess set. Pity I don’t play chess.

Comment

And finally, Lake Victoria...

And this one's for you Mr G. Gwendoline. She's a bit shy about having her picture taken.

Comment

Our tent set a bit apart from the others for the wee factor..

While the young ones set off for what ended up a little bit of an endurance ride,

we oldies showered, washed clothes and took a stroll into town to check out the market.

What a great little hibachi… but too bulky to bring home.

Comment

Sunset over the lake, and Raggsy's advice is sought...

I suggested they look around to see if they could see abetter setting than the fence...

They found it.

Comment

Washing up breakfast plates by Lake Victoria, and

Flapping things dry.

Then we’re off to the Serengetti… socks still drying

but we strike a traffic jam on the M4….

Comment

Working...
                                X