UNDEROOS - Rocktober - Yeah baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throb *** throb *** throb the cauldrons ...

Comment

Lunchtime… a mango lassi… lovely , and a green mango salad with wait for it..

prawn crackers. They must know that Aussies love prawn crackers. The lightest, loveliest I’ve tasted.

Back to the hotel, shower and change,

Comment

Then it’s off to the (umm I forget the name) restaurant where you get dressed up for a royal feast.

As Mr Rags and I were the eldest, we were Emperor and Empress and sat at the top table and were served all manner of wonderful cuisine, whilst being entertained with traditional song and dance. It was fun.

Here you go Mr G a 2 string guitar.

Comment

It must take them ages to carve and arrange all this.

If I had to carve that, I’d be washing it when it came back, then popping it in the fridge to use again.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1392138 wrote:

Mr B is a bit concerned that you all think that we are walking out on his son and my Mum. !!
            :H:H:H

Mr B has not gone down one single point in my estimation for wanting to stay employed and support his family:H

That's funny....
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Nicey I lurve it....That front wall needs a pink bouganvillea falling over the top of it.....right above the two garage doors.....and that back garden is gorgeous....I would be filling in the spaces with colourful tropical plantings...

Like these:

Australian Tropical Plants
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Next morning most of us went on a motor cycle tour to a few off the beaten track places… Mr Rags didn’t go as he doesn’t like motor bikes, and the frenetic riders in Hanoi put him off. They are little 125cc bikes, A big bike like my 500 would be too unwieldly for me to handle in that sort of traffic, however Bien our Intrepid guide had hired a 250. I was jealous. .

Notice we are riding on the left hand side of the road in a country where you drive on the right. . Also notice the directional arrow….. It became just a little unnerving when a semi appeared ahead of us on the road.

Riding beside a creek I saw quite a lot of canoes. A lot of them are made from aircraft aluminium from the Vietnam war, and are much prized… strong, light and excellent quality aluminium.

Comment

First stop was a village where there’s a farm history museum with the most delightful curator /guide. She couldn’t speak English… there was no need to. She was lovely and had a brilliant sense of humour. A lot of the farm implements are still in use in some areas. Bien remembers his mother and grandmother having rush cloaks like that in about 1985.

Next to the museum you cross over the bridge (at least 350 years old) to the market and village proper.

Lady butchers.

Incence sticks.

Comment

Back on the bikes we head to the Huong River where there’s a French

And American bunker strategically placed at a bend in the river, with commanding views up and down the Huong river.

Finn and Beethoven (who by the way Mr G and Bridge, have no body orifices) were loving it till we got to…..

The entertainment arena…. This is the emperors entrance…

Where he would come to watch fights between elephants and tigers.
                    I am standing at the elephant entrance looking across to the pen openings for the tigers.

Comment

If any Undies get to Hue, I can recommend that bike tour.
                      So, it was time for lunch…..

Now are you starting to see why I was putting on all those kilos?

Comment

Then a walk to the river to hop on a boat…

Which took us to a Buddhist temple…. I had no idea what I was shortly to see.

This is the temple where this monk came from. A few of us are old enough to remember seeing this on the news.

It was a moment for remembering and reflection .

Comment

Back down to the boat, the skippers little boy is demolishing lunch as we go past the Lotus Floating Restaurant .

Then back on shore as we are walking back to the hotel through the riverside park, Mr Rags and I came across these young musicians practicing… it was a very fast piece of music with lots and lots of notes.

Next day we were in a bus and heading for Hoi An..

Comment

Oh Bridge !!!!! I never thought of a cascading boug - it WILL happen!!!! Brill idea!!!! THANK YOU!!

Rags, your pics take me back to a time I thought I was being very brave and grown up! I've thanked you a lot lately haven't I? For good reason!!!!

I've been told no chickens - humph - we'll see. A couple of tiny pretty ones???? What could that hurt????? Pffft - we'll see ......
                            It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                            Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1392591 wrote: Oh Bridge !!!!! I never thought of a cascading boug - it WILL happen!!!! Brill idea!!!! THANK YOU!!
                              Throb the boug idea but there's also a canvas for a brilliantly espaliered fruit tree ... mabbe a crab apple?

Now Nicey ...No chickens? ... Think alpacas.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1392597 wrote: Throb the boug idea but there's also a canvas for a brilliantly espaliered fruit tree ... mabbe a crab apple?

Now Nicey ...No chickens? ... Think alpacas.
                                Nah...I've got some rather dashing roosters going cheep...

Comment

Working...
                                X