UNDEROOS - Rocktober - Yeah baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend who would just love to have a Hello Kitty VISA card..

A bit further along the street a lady was making sort of wonton wrappy things. Muslin was stretched across the top of the pot which had water boiling in it. She’d get a spoon of very thin batter and spread it on the muslin to let it steam, then add a spoon of something, then incredibly deftly fold the thing up. I’d had lunch and was as full as a googy egg otherwise I would have had one. I asked if I could video her making one.

Now here’s an inventive way to catch the runoff . It was absolutely pouring.

Comment

Next day we flew to Hanoi. It is a frenetic city. Bien our intrepid Intrepid guide told us that ten years ago there were only a few thousand motor scooters in Hanoi. Now there are millions. Same in Saigon. At least they’re 4 stroke engines. But still a huge pollutant factor.
      This amazing wiring is opposite our hotel.

Views from the hotel... Work Cover would love to inspect the safety railing on that building.

Later we were taken on a food walk round Hanoi . The food was so-so.

And fancy coffins.

After the food walk some of us went to see the famous water puppet show. I was bored tearless, Mark who was sitting next to me aske what I thought of it and to be nice I said I thought it was clever. He said he thought it was crap, at which I just cracked up and said I cannot tell a lie. I t was crap. I didn't even bother taking any piccies of it. Mr Rags thought it "cultural".

Comment

Next day we troop on board the bus which drove us to Howlon Bay, where we all boarded a boat and spent a very overcast afternoon sailing the bay and looking at a cave that has been fairly thoroughly trashed.

The humidity was up around 93 % and the teddies fur got soggy with sweat.

Our cabin was right above the generator which was kept running all night so people could have their air conditioners running.. didn’t get a lot of sleep.

Dinner was pretty good,

The bay was very overcast hot and humid. It must be absolutely stunning in the sunshine/dry season, but apparently there are so many boats you just can’t move. Everyone is in for a quid and flooding the market for the tourist dollar.

Comment

OK Mr Rags is preparing a baked dinner for tonight. I have to set the table.
          Be back tomorrow.

Comment

Finally...more Rags photos and THE SKIRT....shopping for one as we speak...good stuff...

Mr G - your new place sounds like it ticks the boxes for your evolving life...how good!

Comment

I will definitely post piccies of Leon in his Halloween costume. Techie, I think he's a little young to go trick or treating. It's not really big over here as of yet. Funnily I was at the store the other day and the had heaps of Halloween decorations up. However, the only thing that they sold in regards to Halloween was a few lollies, no decorations. Where did the decorations come from?

Leon and I are still sick as well Rags. Just hoping everyone gets better soon.

Undies, I did something stupid. I put my married name on my resume, not realizing that all my references know me as my maiden name, as well as my former employers, SO maybe my references checks will have no idea who they're asking after. I've only changed my name officially in the last year due to waiting for permanent residency approval and not allowing the name change until after it was granted. Hmmm.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

sunshinetoday;1391770 wrote: I will definitely post piccies of Leon in his Halloween costume. Techie, I think he's a little young to go trick or treating. It's not really big over here as of yet. Funnily I was at the store the other day and the had heaps of Halloween decorations up. However, the only thing that they sold in regards to Halloween was a few lollies, no decorations. Where did the decorations come from?

Leon and I are still sick as well Rags. Just hoping everyone gets better soon.

Undies, I did something stupid. I put my married name on my resume, not realizing that all my references know me as my maiden name, as well as my former employers, SO maybe my references checks will have no idea who they're asking after. I've only changed my name officially in the last year due to waiting for permanent residency approval and not allowing the name change until after it was granted. Hmmm.
                Hiya Sunstar,

So you're gonna ring the people you sent your resume's to and tell em to use your maiden name when speaking to referees? They'll be cool with that i'm sure. Get well real soon you guy's.

Rags, no avocado tree is huge, so no pottage scenario possible. Unless.........i take a branch with me and stick it in the ground with some dynamic lifter and thrive from bunnings? Don't know if that'd work. I bet the mint won't grow either. These amazing things/plants find me, but when i chase em and try to grow em..........hopeless!

Happs, yep, spot on. This house move is part of the master plan for next couple a years. I'm moving to (rear of) 4/785 the Esplanade, St.Kilda.

Just heard a union wants to use one of me songs on a video they're making. Not sure what specifically, but i don't think $750,000 is an unreasonable fee do you? Follow me for hourly updates here. G-bloke@twitter

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thorpey the swimmer says he used to hit the turps to deal with his depression, while he was in training. Poor bloke. Hope he's much better now. Here's a snippet.

I've battled crippling depression: Thorpe

Rags. Thanks once again for taking the time to post your pics. They're bloody marvellous mate, and much appreciated. Did the teddies ever get searched, like, the glove?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;1391701 wrote: :upset: I forgot about the tree. What a lucky fella i've been though. Will pluck the last few before i go. :upset: BUT! Now i'll be dining on fresh kelp.

Moving within next couple of weeks Missy. Still in Melbourne, just down by the bay. Not too far from where i am now really. It means i can run to the beach, swim, and be a happier chappy. The sea is good for my mental health and overall aura. Saving some bucks too as i have downsized, or streamlined, if you will. I am excitement, as is you eh?!
                    Sounding a liiiiiiiittle bit like St Kilda to me I can really see you there Mr G.

Did I tell you I fell arse over tit opposite the bay and just about broke both of my knees?
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Guitarista;1391779 wrote: . Did the teddies ever get searched, like, the glove?
                      OMG....fisted?

Well 'searched' or not, I have loved your photos Raggs...what an adventure.....

Ok...I'm home from a loverly Thai meal....waaaaaay past my beddy time....so I'm orf.....
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1391809 wrote:

Did I tell you I fell arse over tit opposite the bay and just about broke both of my knees?
                        Sounds like you're a natural born water baby Bridge. Crikey, all jokes aside, that's a serious fall. Were you wearing some new unfamiliar heels? Come visit anytime and i'll take you to some of the best cake joints in the woild. After that, as a part of my duty of care to you as my guest, we can work off all that cake with a _________________:h i mean run on the sand and swim from pier to pier.

Right, orf to catholic corner for the latest goss, then it's work. I think it's gonna be a corker here today, and by jove, and by jingo, it is.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Guitarista;1391961 wrote: Sounds like you're a natural born water baby Bridge. Crikey, all jokes aside, that's a serious fall. Were you wearing some new unfamiliar heels? Come visit anytime and i'll take you to some of the best cake joints in the woild. After that, as a part of my duty of care to you as my guest, we can work off all that cake with a _________________:h i mean run on the sand and swim from pier to pier.

Right, orf to catholic corner for the latest goss, then it's work. I think it's gonna be a corker here today, and by jove, and by jingo, it is.

L8tr, Yo!
                          No I was walking around with bubble head in the air as usual

....and don't worry, I found those cake shops. Man!

Everyone is sneaking around quietly this morning?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Punters,

Bridge ... make him take you to Cafe di Stasio.

Looks like it's going to be a perfect day for putting new blades on the mower. Yay!!! I lead such a rich and rewarding life.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1391998 wrote: Morning Punters,

Bridge ... make him take you to Cafe di Stasio.

Looks like it's going to be a perfect day for putting new blades on the mower. Yay!!! I lead such a rich and rewarding life.
                              Cafe di Stasio it is then, and that nice little restaurant in a house at the top of the street, just as you come around from the bay.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello friends,

I'm too sore to multi quote so I'll be brief:

After a wonderful time in NY I returned to Arizona, and shortly afterward was told about a friend that was killed in an accident. I've been in North Carolina for the past week attending service and spending time with his family and mutual friends.

Today, I competed in a very silly mud race event. It was absolutely a blast. I went arse over moob a few times (sorry Bridge) I do hope you are OK! I think there is more mud in my car than was on my person LOL. I recommend it highly. Spa's get $150 for a mud treatment!

I am so excited for Missy. I have always felt that being intellectually fulfilled and doing some meaningful employment is good for a relationship. While separation is painful, it has a side benefit. Meetups, and weekends together become a powerful intoxicating thrill. I do miss that in my life.

I was an IT Director for the Western States and Pacific Rim from 1993 thru 2000. I traveled about 48 weeks out-of-the-year. While my marriage was fractured before then, the time away did make things better. I think 2001, the subsequent drinking factored in the failure of the relationship.

Sunny, when Emma was a baby. I would take her trick or treating. I had her in a sling on my chest and everyone loved it. Especially me. We never missed a year. I do hope you can work out the job stuff!?

Nicey...I love your support and your positive attitude. It does make a huge difference.

G-Man spend a few bucks and you can always massage her knees!

Rags your pics are second to none. I look forward to seeing more. You have captured the essence of your trips and I thank you for sharing. You have taken us with you!!!

If I was in Australia I would help the Frog replace her mower blades. While I do think she would fling those at me like ninja stars, do you seriously think I would enter her property without Kevlar?

Love you....Techie :h
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X