Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNDEROOS - Rocktober - Yeah baby!

Morning Undies,

I'm off to Ballabloodyrat today. Having convinced one of my Viet Vet. mates that he should consider getting a hearing aid he eventually had the tests and it was confirmed he was a serious contender. So today we go to three bloody appointments to determine which aid is the most suitable - the free one (provided by Veteran's Affairs); or the superior $2,700 one or the Deluxe $3,800 one. I'm going on record now and wager that he'll stick the free one in and say 'yep, this'll do - let's get outa here'. Guess 20+ years in the army and moonlighting with a rock band is bound to take its toll. Gotta find a good eatery for lunch.

Be well, catch you later.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1401783 wrote: Morning Undies,

I'm off to Ballabloodyrat today. Having convinced one of my Viet Vet. mates that he should consider getting a hearing aid he eventually had the tests and it was confirmed he was a serious contender. So today we go to three bloody appointments to determine which aid is the most suitable - the free one (provided by Veteran's Affairs); or the superior $2,700 one or the Deluxe $3,800 one. I'm going on record now and wager that he'll stick the free one in and say 'yep, this'll do - let's get outa here'. Guess 20+ years in the army and moonlighting with a rock band is bound to take its toll. Gotta find a good eatery for lunch.

I'm a disabled vet. The VA has an excellent service dedicated to hearing and vision. In the U.S. vets with vision and hearing loss get most of their medical treatment outsourced to providers with expertise not available in the facility. I highly recommend it. Of course this is my experience in the U.S.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Shit Tawn, that's bloody expensive. I reckon if I start saving now, I might just be able to afford one when I go deef. Was he in artillery like one of my mates? He's been stone deaf since the war.

Comment

I'm off to Ballabloodyrat today. Gotta find a good eatery for lunch.

Asahi Japanese Restaurant, Ballarat Restaurants & Dining VIC Australia

Comment

BTW Rags I loved most of the art displays. Rock fall was my favorite!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Morning Roos,
              Trying to be a responsible and diligent adult is very time consuming.

TF, have a lovely day.
              Haps, quit working so much.
              MB, he is a giraffe. He'll be wearing his costume all day tomorrow and we have a full day of errands to run.
              Techie, hope you have all your halloween candy bought.

It's chilly and rainy here, so no walks had in five days. Got a second car which is good. Mom sent over some pumpkin coffee and some canned pumpkin. I can now make easy pumpkin gingerbread trifle for thanksgiving. Time to make out my will so Leon can be safe if anything ever happens to us!
              Be back soon!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Nooooooooooo.......

You get what you pay for with this stuff, especially in terms of filtration of background noise....
                Just ask my long suffering mother.

I'm amazed at the scultures Rags. Especially the ones that conform to the cliff face and the found cultery. Creative people blow me away.

Anyway, a veeeery good looking pommy tradey just turned up....
                Byeeeee....
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Pumpkin coffee

That must be like the vented mandrel of the culinary world....
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

After the sculptures, we hopped on a bus to Circular Quay and hopped on the Manly ferry… where I left my bag behind and those lovely people picked it up.
                    On the way back this beautiful ship was cruising the harbour. I think they were filming. This is for you Reg.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1401855 wrote: Pumpkin coffee

That must be like the vented mandrel of the culinary world....
                      Canned pumpkin???

Comment

Do it Sunny. Yum. Bridge, I hope you're not suggesting I could vent Frogs Mandrel. Are you? I could wind up medically incorrect. She has a lot of power stuff. OMG, this will keep her off post till tomorrow :H

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1401850 wrote: Nooooooooooo.......

You get what you pay for with this stuff, especially in terms of filtration of background noise....
                          Just ask my long suffering mother.

I'm amazed at the scultures Rags. Especially the ones that conform to the cliff face and the found cultery. Creative people blow me away.

Byeeeee....
                          Is there anything that will stop my tinnitus? Drives me nuts sometimes.
                          Should've listened to my mother and turned the record player volume down. :H

The cutlery was very good I thought. While we were looking at it a woman leading a bunch of bored Japanese students was saying to them "See, this is making a statement about throw away , waste and pollution etc etc...... " they just stared blankly with absolute boredom and checked out the girls walking past in revealing shorts.

I have not one creative bone in my body and similarly have great respect for creative people who can visualise this sort of stuff.

Comment

KTAB;1401496 wrote: Bloody brilliant :goodjob:
                            Oh WOW!
                            KTAB wins the prize for the people's choice award. Your prize will be forwarded to you shortly.

BTW I got an email from the United Nations in Uganda last week. Seems the UN has awarded me $1.23 million dollars. All I have to do is send them my details and they'll pop it in my account. Isn't that sweet of them? But I thought the money could be better spent on education and health, so I didn't claim it. Damn, how careless, I even deleted the email...

Comment

Back at the Quay we hopped on a 423 to Newtown and Spencer Guthrie Restaurant. Gee it was beaut. Love the decor. Kitchen is at the front as you walk in. It’s a small restaurant which seats 30. Missy, when you come here, Mr Rags and I will shout you to dinner here (and also at Atom Thai which is near the Sydney Uni end of Newtown).

Thought this was a terrific idea that Sydney Water has come up with. Apparantly quite a few restaurants and cafes have joined up. It’s a fairly new incentive.

Chicken terrrine, baby turnips with raisin puree. Mr Rags' finger still in a splint.

Cardamom custard in a tube with mango jelly and strawberry sorbet. Had a fun time keeping the cold bits away from my sore tooth.

Mr Rags as usual, went for the cheese.

Undies, if you ever want free parking in Newtown, head for Lord Street which is next to the railway line at St Peters…… no parking restrictions. Then you can either hop a bus or train to the city.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1401850 wrote: Nooooooooooo.......

Byeeeee....
                                His pants a respectable level?
                                Have fun

Comment

Working...
                                X