One Step at a Time - October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:banana: Nora!!! You're doing great girlie...keep it up! I want a sea of green stickers! I'm on to butterflies this month.

This HAS been a hard week and it's only Tuesday.

Mama - I'm praying for your son...
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Friends,
      Yes, this is a safe thread. I plan to just keep posting and ignore the rest.

Mama, I'm thinking your son Clay will be fine, but it is a mom's job to worry.

Boozer, glad your wife's health picture is improving.

My two hour bike ride today took me out right to the end of the cape. It was interesting to see the beach transition from bayside to Atlantic ocean side. The bay has a more narrow beach, a lot of seaweed washed up which grows more easily in the calm and warmer waters. The property on the bay is privately owned and densely built up. The ocean side is beautifully preserved by the national parks system. What a contrast!

This afternoon we drove to visit a lovely botanical garden in the middle of the cape. It started to rain during the trip back, so we picked up a roasted chicken and some side salads for dinner.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

WOW! I have only just woken up in OZ and see this thread has been really busy overnight!! Mama, my son in law recently had to have some checks on his heart. He had minor symptoms which forced him to have some tests and they found a problem that would have only got worse over the years. So they fixed it there and then! Thinking of you. We parents never give up worrying about kids...........thats parenting ha ha K 9 you are allways there for us. Stay strong.....we need you and Mama!!! Beautiful day here. It is our Spring so I am about to go for a nice long walk. MY wife is so much better today. We are flying to Bali next weeks so she needs to get herself up and running, otherwise she might have to stay home lol!!!

Comment

NoraC;1386457 wrote: I agree they do 'rock'. And, I am staying here where it is safe. I need this place. I am doing so much better. I am racking up so many AF days. These wonderful women are helping me. They know when I need that 'kick in the ass' and they also know when I need to learn it on my own.

Tipp - hang in here. We're going to get this!

Sorry - that it's been such a rough day/week everyone. Great big hugs!!!! :h
          GREAT NEWS Nora. Stay close. We can ALL do this together!!!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

One of the cleaning ladies who I joke with daily was right outside my cubicle and went into a full seizure. We tried to get her into a chair but her body locked up, so we lowered her to the floor. 911 was called and the paramedics/firefighters came. Apparently she has diabetes and it was an insulin related seizure. They took her to the hospital. Poor Alice. I'll be thinking of her tonight. What a great reminder that life is precious and there's no place for pettiness. I'm going home in 40 minutes to hug the hell out of my kid and not care how dirty her room is.

Love ya'lll!!!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Wow K9...that must have been scary!
              The cardio visit is Friday. I am trying not to worry, but you know how that goes...
              Sun - your trip sounds lovely and Tipps...it IS safe here and if anyone wants to try me or K9...look out
              we are pretty feisty even when sober!!
              Thanks for all the concern....I love you all
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Yes K9 - That really puts things into perspective. Life is short. I have really been trying to live my life that way in the last couple of years. "You Don't Have to Attend Every Argument That You're Invited To" I do try to remember that. I don't always win that one. And poor K9 was just attacked and I know that I would have gone at it full steam if I had seen it as it was going on. But, I am getting better at taking that step back.
                Sending a prayer up for Alice.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

K9 It is scary stuff! Its amazing how these experiences can change our attitudes to life. I am a Type 1 Diabetic with an Insulin Pump strapped to my body. When I first was diagnosed at age 50, I couldn't believe it! I was super fit,just unlucky I guess. Had a couple of NDE s and they have change they way I think about life enormously! Someone recently said to me U only really start living when you know u are dying???? Sorry to be a bit morbid, just wanted to share.

Comment

Boozer - I'm so glad that your wife is feeling better. Enjoy your vacation to Bali!!!! I work with a man that developed diabetes (I think at around 30) and he also has to wear an insulin pump. It does put things into perspective. My best friend has a heart aneurysm that they are just monitoring because the aneurysm could kill her but the surgery could kill her or leave her worse off. So, I do try to be grateful. :h

I got a new computer today and have tried setting it up but have not been feeling well so got the basics done. Will leave the rest for another day. :h

Going to say goodnight now. So happy to have new Steppers here. Take care all. One Step at a Time. :h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, I work with disabled kids. Everytime I get a bit p......d off with the world and start to feel sorry for myself, I take a quick look around at what some people have to endure! This year in Jan I worked in Africa at a Kenyan orphanage. That really made me assess what is important in life. Some people, and I know I have, moan and groan about silly little things that really in the big picture are just not important. Sleep tight. Talk tomorrow.:h:h

Comment

K9, It has been a tough week for sure. Ah still, it makes the good ones feel even better. From your threads , I know u have been doing it tough! Life never stops throwing us challenges. How we handle them shapes who we are! :h:h I have been trying to handle lifes ups and downs with a glass of al in my hand! How stupid!! :h:h Keep strong, u are an inspiration to us still struggling.

Comment

Morning all this a busy tread so can't read too far back. I'm doing good so far and i got an AA meeting in monday night. I'll go to another meeting today either at lunchtime or evening. Wishing you a good wednesday and good vibes with your goals.

Comment

Mama sorry to hear about Clay wishing a good recovery.

Comment

Hello everyone,

We all have good days and bad, highs and lows - but the bad days aren't nearly as bad and the lows not nearly as low as they were when my days were awash in booze. Keeping things in perspective is important.

Going to start taking flamenco guitar lessons again this week and very excited about it. I absolutely love the style. Hope your feeling better Nora and you'll be able to shake it at next week's dance class!

Be well everyone
                              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Flamenco guitar?? You rock!@!! I am inspired..I really am. did you start "The Orchardist" yet? I am about the start"The Mistresses Revenge" bwuahahahahahahah
                                Chugging coffee and trying to walke up.
                                Boozer.....please take piccies in Bali, ok? Hope your sweetie is better with her gall stone issues
                                TODAY WILL BE A PEACEFUL DAY FOR ALL OF US
                                (disclaimer....every time I do this, the shit hits the fan!!)
                                more coffee and into shower
                                love and hugs to all
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X